Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Also it’s all about context. I don’t think this was written for the sake of writing a song about being on the road but about painting a picture of what Chris was feeling and experiencing during this point in the band.

2. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I like that this seems to be kind of a concept record about the the history of the band. Rendezvous is pretty good, can't wait to hear what's next.

3. James V.

"Rendezvous" has grown juuuust a bit on me over the past week. The music and the vocals are pretty great in my opinion, but I'm still a little "meh" on it. Seems to be aspiring to be a bit of an anthem, but I don't know if it hits the mark. I'm intrigued to see how it fits into the album though.

So anyways, people were talking about a farewell album and tour. Could this possibly be that? It sure seems like if the album is indeed just about the history of the band, that it'd make sense...

4. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

the press release for the album seems to find the band saying the exact opposite of 'we're breaking up' so, I guess no? who knows.

5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

EVR confirmed via Jason via supporters forum that they aren't breaking up. Also. Does it trip anyone else up that more time has passed from S/T to 9 than from In Reverie to Under the Boards?

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Selling my white copy of Sound the Alarm if anybody wants it

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  7. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I'll message you

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I can't believe I have never heard this before.. You can hear his Beatles influence... it sounds A LOT like the Beatles.

9. James V.

So...does anybody have any opinion on "Kerouac & Cassady"? I'm not really into the kinda heavy sound we are hearing on this one and once again the lyrics are just kinda Chris describing scenes on tour. I must admit I'm not really feeling it. It's hard for me to relate to this material thus far. However, as @jordalsh said earlier in the thread, perhaps one doesn't need to "relate" to dig something. But regardless, I just kinda feel like this is yet another song about being on tour and unfortunately it really doesn't evoke a great picture in my mind like some of Chris Conley's best work. I really hope that the album is more than a travelogue and also that it's not just something where you have to understand the history of Saves The Day to get what the songs are about.

10. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

I always got a Lennon vibe from that Toba The Tura track

The pitch is odd on the Youtube rip though..

11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I love love love the music for this one but the lyrics just kinda seem lazy. There’s also one part where Conley hits a high note and it just doesn’t sound right. But honestly, this is kind of status-quo for Saves the Day. Since Daybreak there have been a few “dud” tracks on dB and ST. I hope those are few and far between on 9.

12. James V.

I think maybe it's time to step off the Saves The Day train. I listened to "Side by Side" and I have to say it's probably the lamest, laziest thing that's ever been put out under the STD name. Even though I didn't quite dig all of the creative choices on albums like Sound The Alarm, Under the Boards and Daybreak they all seemed to come from a truly creative place. Chris was apparently a bit frazzled and trying to find inner peace at that point in his life and it came out in the music. But new stuff, it's just retelling the story of the band. And not very creatively. It's really a bummer.

I truly hope that there is something in the remaining tunes that I dig. Otherwise that'll be two albums in a row with no redeemable qualities from what once was one of my very favorite bands (and songwriters).

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Side by Side grew on me. Awesome song.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mostly agree about Side By Side and what this new album seems to be like so far, but self titled had some really good tracks like Supernova and Stand In The Stars.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Supernova is the only song I really enjoy off S/T but that song is definitely fantastic.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Every time someone disowns StD, an angel dies.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  17. figureitout

Regular

I LOVE Rendezvous. Kerouac & Cassady and Side by Side didn't do anything for me on first listen, but I'm holding out to listen to the full album and hoping they grow on me in that context. I love every Saves album and while my excitement has admittedly been hindered slightly by all the tour-centric lyrics, I still have faith that Chris and co. will not disappoint.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

19. Collins

Trusted

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to realize In Reverie is the best STD album

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Welcome to the club, friend!

Collins likes this.
  21. for my birthday today my sister got me a blanket with the in reverie cover on it

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Amazing! Do you know where she got it? I'd love something like that.

23. BCEE8AD8-979E-45B2-BB79-1C33A9B96B8A.jpeg DF8813C9-7B20-4B82-A479-30A3648FD29C.jpeg

24. they had to get it made somehow i think! i’ll have to ask them exactlu

25. I think you can buy one on ebay.