Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kuri44

Opener, desperate and deranged, and Living without Love are definitely the best songs on there.

2. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

There are definitely some songs that stand out more than others, but none of them (opener included, to a lesser extent) feel cohesive or thought-out to me.

3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I agree with both of you. I think that Daybreak and Undress Me are two of the best Saves the Day songs, and there are definitely some more highlights, but yeah, the rest feels like they were recorded for the sake being recorded.

But Daybreak definitely is the best sounding Std record with regard to production. And Arun really proved himself on this record.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i used to like the sprawl of Daybreak (the song) but now i just find it too long, as enjoyable as it is

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

I think they could have smoothed some of the transitions out, but it's still one of my favorite STD tracks.

6. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Yeah, the self-titled is the only STD record I hate - it's embarrassingly bad, in my opinion. Also, yes sound the alarm is nearly prefect.

Yeah, that opening track is almost too good, because the rest of the album falls pretty flat!

Jake Z and Anti-Counter-Culture like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My love for this band hasn't really dipped at all since I first heard SWYA, which is impressive when compared to the other bands from that era

Kopitar11 likes this.
  8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Only albums I'm not crazy about are CSD and TBC. At least I'm fairly familiar with TBC.

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

CSD and TBR are alright (liked them a lot more when I was younger), but I think this band has consistently grown and continues to produce music at high quality. Seems like each new record has subtle new takes on their sound and they play around just enough to make it all fresh.

10. Hey! I don't know if any of you guys are interested, but we are going to be doing a Saves The Day tribute compilation this month, and if you'd like to record a cover for it, you absolutely should!

Here is all the info:
    Chorus.fm Member Compilations

Anti-Counter-Culture and Jake Z like this.
  11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

dammit you're gonna FORCE me to continue learning guitar against my lazy/procrastinating nature SO BE IT

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Am I the only one who thinks the trilogy is the best thing(s) the band has done?

13. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

I think sound the alarm ranks in the top three of their catalog, but the rest of the trilogy was very mediocre, to me.

14. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Sound the Alarm is probably my favorite of the bunch, but I like them all a lot. I don't really like punk type music so I've never been able to get into pre In Reverie stuff.

suburban myth likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

SWYA is not punk

16. realphilrizzo

The whole trilogy is excellent. Under the Boards is by far their most underrated album. I would rank my personal favorite STD albums:

1) In Reverie
    2) Under the Boards
    3) Daybreak
    4) Sound the Alarm
    5) Stay What You Are
    6) Through Being Cool
    7) Saves the Day
    8) Can't Slow Down

I don't think their self titled is bad by any means; the thing is I listen to it a few times a year and it sounds great, but it's not something that I'd want in my regular listening rotation like the trilogy and In Reverie. I absolutely love the first six albums on that list, and the last two I just like.

Kopitar11 likes this.
  17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

What would it be considered? I think I listened to it once and couldn't get myself to again. Haha

I really love Under the Boards. It's barely below Sound the Alarm for me.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk, I think it's their best album by a long shot. Miles above the majority classic releases it's associated with. I think Chris was at the height of his songwriting on it

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  19. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Ah, yeah. I'm glad you like it so much. :) What other releases is it associated with? It's from an era of music I entirely missed.

20. realphilrizzo

Sound the Alarm and Under the Boards were 2006 and 2007, so that would've been around the time of Brand New "Devil and God," Bayside "Walking Wounded," Taking Back Sunday "Louder Now," Armor For Sleep "What to Do When You're Dead," etc... that timeframe. As for "associated with," Saves the Day had albums in the late 90s so I supposed some would consider them part of an older scene. I would say a good association would be Get Up Kids. The album "Guilt Show" is more like the trilogy than "Something to Write Home About."

21. Jake Z

Regular

Interesting that you don't like punk ish music and I assume came from Absolute Punk? I know this site and AP cover a lot of music but that's the foundation for it all and it's covered way more here than other music sites.

22. Jake Z

Regular

Pretty sure he was referring to SWYA.

23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I definitely know 2006 and on, was referring more to Stay What You Are which was early 2000's I believe. This does remind that I still need to listen to Armor For Sleep though. Haha I have a lot of catching up to do.

Yeah, I was in AP like 3 years before Chorus. I was never really into punk though, I joined the site 'cause they're the only one I found that really reported on such a wide variety of music. From the alternative and indie stuff, to the pop and ambient stuff. I also liked some of the community (though that seemed to become more negative as time went on).

Jake Z likes this.
  24. realphilrizzo

My bad...as far as associated with SWYA era: The Movielife, Get Up Kids, The Juliana Theory, Jimmy Eat World, Further Seems Forever, Alkaline Trio are some good ones from around that time.

Kopitar11 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  25. let's talk about Guilt Show though