Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 10, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

"not too bad" cmon steve that's hands down one of the best festival lineups in recent memory never mind just this year!!!

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I mean, a lot of it is already Coachella overlap, which I am already going to, and a lot of the lower lines are whatever. It's great for someone like YOU, but overall it's not best festival lineups in recent memory

3. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

I'm pessimistic about saves the day doing a full album show after the through being cool show I went to. I'd most definitely still go to stay what you are show if I could, though - but not that one, haha; that's not a lineup I would go see.

4. Kopitar11 and G. Jordan Norris like this.
  5. G. Jordan Norris

jordalsh likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

made my friend an std Starter Pack on spotify and it's all i've been listening to since last night. their songs just get me so hyped, it was difficult to not just include 90% of every album on it

figureitout likes this.
  7. figureitout

Regular

Wonderful write-up. This is exactly how I feel about Sound The Alarm. I (fortunately) haven't been in the mood to listen to it much in the last year or two, but I'll always be thankful for having these songs when I need(ed) them.

jordalsh likes this.
  8. thanks for reading! glad you liked

9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

This certainly is exciting!!

Imgur Image

muttley, figureitout and jordalsh like this.
  10. adamat3

Where is David Soloway

11. AndrewSoup

doin' his own thing, out in the world

12. adamat3

Cool cool. I was just sitting at home and was like "Hey, I wonder what that guy is up to". I wonder if he's involved with the Two Tongues record.

13. AndrewSoup

like, i'm just assuming here. i actually have no idea, hahaha
    does he have any social media? i feel like it would be weird (maybe potentially invasive) to start searching for him if he IS just tryna live that normal life

14. devenstonow

Noobie

Rodrigo has been touring with Into It. Over It. the past year or so. I tried to ask him last night when STD are gonna tour again. I couldn't make out a word he said other than, "New album"

jordalsh likes this.
  15. jorbjorb

7 rings

i really like this band

muttley and jordalsh like this.
  16. Battery

This was a great read! Sound The Alarm is next to Stay What You Are my favorite Saves the Day album.
    Didn't like their last one that much, but still excited to see what they do next.

jordalsh likes this.
  17. thanks for reading!

18. Kuri44

I thought their last album was one of their best in a while.

TBC > SWYA > STD > IR > STA > Daybreak> UTB > CSD

19. Jake Z

Regular

One of my all time favorite bands but I did not like that last album at all. The song structures and choruses were annoying, and something just felt off. Nothing will ever top SWYA for me. I did enjoy Daybreak quite a bit.

Also, Sound the Alarm is super underrated.

suburban myth likes this.
  20. figureitout

Regular

SWYA > STA > IR > TBC > Daybreak > STD > UTB > CSD

I love the first six records above pretty much front-to-back. UTB and CSD are less consistent for me, but each still has songs I really love.

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

My favs are self titled and Daybreak. I don't really like any of their records up until In Reverie.

muttley likes this.
  22. AndrewSoup

really?? TBC and SWYA are usually fan favorites across the board

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

UTB > IR > STD = SWYA > DB = STA > TBC > CSD

24. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Anyone else really love the opener from Daybreak, but feels that the rest of the album is basically a B-Sides collection? I get so pumped every time I listen to the first track and from then on, there isn't a single song I thoroughly enjoy.

Kuri44 likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

i've cooled on Daybreak, i really really love 1984, it took me hearing that live to come around to appreciating it. Living Without Love and Deranged and Desperate are highlights on that album as well.
    don't care for the one letter songs tho (E,Z,U,O)

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.