Saves the Day/Kevin Devine/An Horse Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by fowruok, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

...yikes!

2. SaveTheEarth

Lucipurr Supporter

I'm really hoping for a more solid reaction at the NJ show saturday. In theory it should be pretty lit since it's the only home-state show.

3. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yes. The drums coming in for AYF and zero crowd response was the moment I knew the crowd sucked. So basically 15 seconds into their set.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  4. MacbethSin

Yep that was the moment I was bracing myself and then realized "oh we're just going to stand and watch the set"

JaytotheGee and SkyGrowsBigger like this.
  5. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I am very much a stand and watch person (well, I shimmy/dance in place depending on how much space I have) but it wasn't even ever all that loud right after a song. And it was more or less a full venue. Idk it was weird but the show was very good so whatever

6. fowruok

Regular

Nothing to worry about. Saves the Day @ the Stone Pony on a Saturday night? It's going to be pretty great.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I will say that both Kevin and Saves have very strong merch (I feel like they both usually don't) and I spent way more money than I wanted too lol

8. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I didn't get anything but those STD crew necks were great. If I were a bigger fan I would have been all over that.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. fowruok

Regular

Saves the Day sounded great tonight -- so much better than the last time I saw them.

However, the many people around me only knew stuff from Through Being Cool. A really lame crowd for NJ.

10. SaveTheEarth

Lucipurr Supporter

I was at the NJ show too! Yeah, shame about the crowd but where I was up front kinda in front of Arun there was a nice little cluster of folks singing every word. I could have done without Xenophobic and wish they replaced it with Tide of Our Times or Remember, and wish they played Undress Me instead of Z. Kalidescope was a great surprise though. I liked all the sound the alarm but bummed no Bones! It was an amazing show and I'm excited to see them again tomorrow in Boston

kman22 likes this.
  11. fowruok

Regular

The stuff from Sound the Alarm sounded particularly great. And I love that "Kaleidoscope" has become a staple.

12. dubey

Regular

I doubt there were more than 300 people at the Toronto show

~800 capacity venue

They sounded great though and Kevin Devine killed it

13. broken22

(:

The Philly show last night was super fun ! The songs off self titled were a blast to hear. Grabbed a setlist as well.

14. SaveTheEarth

Lucipurr Supporter

Boston show sold out and was fucking rowdy. So much fun, great crowd, band sounded great, we got a drunk conley. Better than the NJ show.

fowruok and kman22 like this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Videos from the Boston show looked so fun

kman22 likes this.
  16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Caught this in New York last night. Was right up on the stage for Kevin Devine (girlfriend is tiny/a big fan) and his performance was really great. The screaming at a distance from the mic during Brother's Blood gave me chills—full of so much emotion and feeling. Shame about the talkers in the back. Every damn show, man.

Saves The Day was fun, and I thought they sounded better as they set went on, probably in part to Warsaw's sound sucking in general. Funny seeing Chris do the lead singer only thing, but he sounded great and Arun really nailed his tougher parts. Crowd was pretty eh, and people were being super dickheads during anything from Through Being Cool.

I guess my only real complaint is the same setlists every night. Maybe I'm spoiled and jaded by seeing a lot of jam bands but when your catalog is this deep I don't think it's a crazy ask to throw some variety in there. But maybe that's just me.

Either way, it's great to see STD still kicking all these years later.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

For a new record release tour, I get them playing the same thing nightly, especially if chris isnt playing guitar for it, thats a lot of song to learn!

Drewski and SaveTheEarth like this.
  18. SaveTheEarth

Lucipurr Supporter

To add on to your dickheads comment, I have a story to share about my dinner before the Boston show. There's a pizza place next to the Paradise so I went in for a bite before the show, whatever no big deal. It's packed and there aren't any open tables, so I asked a couple sitting at a 6-top, just the two of them, if I could sit at the end and they were very warm and welcoming. And then we started talking about Saves the Day...

They were also going to the show and we were chatting about the last time we saw them whatever whatever and then the dude said that he only preferred their newer stuff, to which I agreed (I love all their stuff but I love everything in Reverie forward more than the first three - again not hating on SWYA or TBC. Great records). He then said how he was only joking and started berating me super condescendingly about how all their new stuff sucks, no one even listens to their new stuff, and I'm an idiot for liking it. It really pissed me off but they left and I finished eating and that was the end of it, didn't run into them at the show.

19. kman22

After the show, we went to T's pub next door. There were probably 15 people there, at the most, and the bartender started blasting Saves the Day and sing alongs broke out. Just saying, not everyone totally sucks.