Saves the Day/Kevin Devine/An Horse Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by fowruok, Aug 14, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think he's always amazing but full band he always really blows me away, I'm excited regardless!

2. broken22

(:

That setlist is pretty disappointing honestly. Not enough Stay What You Are.

3. emojedi

Regular

this is the first tour in a while that hasn't been heavy on that album so it's understandable. that being said I would love for Nightingale to be on.

4. emojedi

Regular

to anyone who has gone, how as the tour been selling?

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone have KD's setlist?

6. broken22

(:

No Nightingale makes me very sad.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'll get it tonight!

Drewski and j0hnnyrt like this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Thanks man. I like KD but I'm taking my girlfriend next week and she really likes KD.

9. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Came part way through his set but he played bubblegum, cotton crush, brothers blood, and she can see me

10. CuttingMyFingersOff

Regular

He opened with Ballgame in Chicago.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin Devine set

Ballgame

Instigator

Carnival

Nobel Prize

No Time Flat (by request)

She Can See Me (with drums)

Cotton Crush (with drums)

Yr Damned Old Dad

Brothers Blood

Drewski likes this.
  12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

(la date added more tickets, I suggest getting thems if you plan on going)

13. TMS2787

Trusted

Doors: 6:30
    An Horse: 7:30-8:00
    Kevin Devine: 8:10-8:50
    Saves The Day: 9:20-10:40

For anyone curious and going to a later show.

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Man what a whack crowd last night. Didn't seem like a single person cared at all :(

The band was great though, absolutely crushed it

16. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the crowd also. The venue was only half full in Toronto and beyond a handful of people singing along, the crowd was absolutely dead.

17. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

As an aside - is there a reason Chris is wearing sunglasses on stage and literally every interview he's done over the past year or so?

18. SlappinCups

nobody else will be there then

the future's bright B-)

yeah idk either

bachna84 likes this.
  19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

probably because he's friggin blazed 24/7

20. gonz (Alex)

@Alexyesander Supporter

I thought it was a little lifeless for STD but I wasn't quite sure how to gauge it as I wouldn't call myself more than just a casual fan. I know Sound the Alarm the best so those three songs sounded especially great. Most of the stuff I wasn't all that familiar with sounded real good too (pretty much everything after STA)

Kev is a maestro. His control of his voice, the mic and the stage when he's performing solo always floors me

AWasteOfATime and JaytotheGee like this.
  21. TMS2787

Trusted

I went to the show last night for Kevin Devine and man, as always he was great. I don’t recall if I had ever seen him play a whole “solo” electric set before but it was just as wonderful as the solo acoustic sets. Having Damon play drums for two songs was good as well. I am surprised and happy about how quite the crowd was during his set.

I know no Saves The Day songs but my girlfriends brother wanted to see them so we stayed for the whole set and I enjoyed it. I had listened to a few songs earlier in the day and to me everything sounded on point. I will agree that the crow was pretty lame from the second they went on. I just guess we’re all old now unlike the young’ns Like @JaytotheGee. Haha.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Man, hoping that is not the case for NYC next week (re: Saves The Day crowd). I doubt it will be since it's a hometown show.

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

I think the crowds at their shows have always largely just been the TBC/SWYA fans, and as those albums shrink in their sets, so too will crowd reactions sadly :(

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

[​IMG]

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know like opening with At Your Funeral should have set the place off and it didn't :(