Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves the Day/Kevin Devine/An Horse Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by fowruok, Aug 14, 2018.

1. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

11/01 – Louisville, KY @ Headliners
    11/02 – Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge *
    11/03 – Newport, KY @ Southgate House
    11/04 – Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
    11/06 – Toronto, ON @ Opera House
    11/07 – Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
    11/09 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr Smalls
    11/10 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony
    11/11 – Philadelphia, PA @ TLA
    11/12 – Boston, MA @ Paradise
    11/14 – Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw *
    11/15 – Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head
    11/16 – Richmond, VA @ Broadberry
    11/17 – Durham, NC @ Motorco
    11/18 – Nashville, TN @ Mercy Lounge
    11/20 – Orlando, FL @ The Social

* no Kevin Devine

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  2. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Going to Toronto. Interesting they aren't billing this as a "Farewell Tour" or "9" as their final album. Hope this means a slightly more active band going forward.

3. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Also, it appears that all Kevin Devine appearances will be solo, acoustic shows.

4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The breakup rumors have been dismissed by the folks at EVR sourcing Chris.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

link?

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly just read the press release for the album, it's very very clear that they are not breaking up. Chris literally says something like "I've finally settled with a group of people I can make music with my whole life"

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked as hell

Wish KDev was full band. As much as I love him and solo sets, I feel like people will just talk loudly during his set

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Why no Kevin Devine in Chicago?

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

He'll be added after Riot Fest is over.

mattfreaksmeout and ItsAndrew like this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I forgot he was playing Riot Fest. That makes sense now.

11. musicfan10

Trusted

Saw std with Coheed and they sucked? What is the mental breakdown of lead singer I heard about?

12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Kevin has been getting on a lot of good tours lately. Wish this was coming to the west coast

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Please don’t tarnish the good lord Saves The Day name. You’re better off just leaving this thread honestly

TMS2787, Knifeparty, Joe4th and 5 others like this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The last time Saves the Day played Magic Stick it was in 2013. I missed that tour, but they played a 35 song set, apparently. I'm so excited.

Dan O'Neill and kman22 like this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That tour was insane! STD played like 2.5 hours and IIOI and Hostage Calm opened

ALT/MSC/FAN and kman22 like this.
  16. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Well let's hope this new music comes more often than every 5 years because they've been pretty inactive for a lot of that time.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

There were 4 years between Under the Boards and Daybreak, so this isn't unheard of for them, and they've only really been inactive for the last year. It does seem like a bit of a reset for them, so I think we could expect to see a period of higher activity over the next several years.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Plus in all the years since Sound the Alarm, and even in the years between UtB and Daybreak, they have toured constantly and consistently up until the TBC anniversary tour. I think after ten years of the tour/record cycle, the couple years off was well deserved.

Dan O'Neill and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Not really - per setlist.fm they played 4 shows in 2015, 28 in 2016, 3 in 2017 and none so far in 2018. So apart from that one run they did with Coheed in Fall 2016, they've been effectively inactive for the better part of 4 years. Hoping the new album spurs more activity once they finish this run but I'm not sure what would've changed this year to allow them to be a much more active band going forward. They're my favorite band though so here's hoping...

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

If anyone gets the Spotify presale code, please share!

21. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Presale starts now
    Offer code: NINE2018
    Ends August 16, 2018 at 10:00 PM

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  22. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Thank you so so much. What is the link? I might just be an idiot and can't find where to put in the code on Ticketmaster :/

23. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Thanks! Trying to get tickets for the Boston date though. They had sold out before I could get the presale. I was able to get a presale ticket for the NJ show. I feel like seeing them on their home turf will be a special experience. But I also want to see the on my home turf haha.

25. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Woah, sorry! They went much more quickly than I imagined they would. And yeah, Stone Pony is going to be especially great - they always play bigger venues here.