Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day/Joyce Manor/awakebutstillinbed Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by campeondeluniverso, Aug 1, 2019.

1. campeondeluniverso

nah.

Dates w/ Joyce Manor
    08/01 – Minneapolis, MN @ Cedar Cultural Center
    08/02 – Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall
    08/03 – Palatine, IL @ Durty Nellies
    08/04 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Elevation
    08/06 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew’s Hall
    08/07 – Louisville, KY @ Headliners Music Hall
    08/08 – Cincinnati, OH @ Woodward Theater
    08/09 – Lakewood, OH @ Phantasy
    08/10 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theater
    08/11 – Albany, NY @ Skyloft Albany
    08/13 – Holyoke, MA @ Gateway City Arts
    08/14 – Providence, RI @ Fete Music Hall
    08/15 – Amityville, NY @ Revolution Bar
    08/16 – New York, NY @ Webster Hall
    08/17 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony
    08/18 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Elevation 27*

*no Joyce Manor

2. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I was looking to see if there was a thread for this earlier. V V excited to catch this on Saturday. Also super interested to see JM and STD's set lists on this tour. I saw STD a day or two after 9 came out and they played like 4 or 5 from it but by the end of the tour, they weren't playing more than 1 or 2.

3. campeondeluniverso

nah.

going saturday as well. was waiting for this thread to pop up but it didn't, and since it starts today, i decided to make it. very excited to see JM again. they're always a good time. i've only seen STD twice. i hope they play some In Reverie songs.

4. going tonight and will report back

5. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Stoked to see what the setlist is as well for Saves. Going on the 14th in Providence!

6. Joyce Manor is taking a bunch of requests from the crowd. Not sure if that’s standard for them or not.

theasteriskera likes this.
  7. strangeterrain

Regular

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Saves was absolutely perfect. It took about an hour for the crowd to actually start moving though.

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Aw kinda disappointed in the Saves setlist but I'm biased towards STWYA and onward. Still stoked for the show.

11. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Happy to see a lot of TBC, though it would love the title track. Good mix of favorites and deep cuts. Can't really complain, I suppose.

As for JM, it looks good too. I kind of appreciate the "fan request" area. I feel like their sets were starting to get a little stale? Maybe that's just me though. I would love love love to hear Heated Swimming Pool.

12. campeondeluniverso

nah.

i need to hear Fighting Kangaroo live!

13. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

The Palatine show tonight was a lot of fun. The Joyce Manor set was pretty much the same as the one posted except they opened with Beach Community and played Fake ID in the middle of the set. For the "request" part we got The Jerk, Leather Jacket, Five Beer Plan, Christmas Card, and Catalina Fight Song I think. Big Lie is fantastic live and I'm glad I got to hear them play it again.

The Saves the Day set was also similar with a few differences. Nothing from the self titled, no Jodie, I think maybe one or two less songs from Can't Slow Down. Instead of those we got Eulogy, Freakish, and maybe one other song that was really old or really new that I didn't recognize. PLUS they closed with Sell My Old Clothes which had me pretty much crying like a baby.

a lot of people seemed to leave after Joyce Manor and even after getting some water and using the restroom I was able to get a spot on the barrier for Saves the Day. some guy also on the barrier who was front and center knew every single word to every single song that Saves the Day played which made me happy to see.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. kman22

Regular

I'm skimming through on setlist FM, but are they not playing at your funeral?

15. They did not play it in Minneapolis. Also, we didn't get an encore :(

16. campeondeluniverso

nah.

not in Palatine either. no encore either.

17. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

You think Saves and JM will switch up slots?

18. kman22

Regular

Not that I haven't heard the song a million times, but I figured as their most popular song, it would always make the cut.

19. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

No "At Your Funeral" "Rocks Tonic..." or "Shoulder to the Wheel" It was a kind of weird set, but honestly Chris sounded really really good in Palatine.

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Their touring guitar player has also been playing in Emery the past couple years so wonder if the second half of this tour will be with Chris back on guitar or if Emery will have someone else with them.

21. strangeterrain

Regular

My guess is no. At least in Minneapolis, JM didn’t even have a back drop. Might have been a first show only thing, but Saves the Day was the main event at our show.

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Went last night in Grand Rapids. Awakebutstillinbed on record really isn't my thing, but they sounded awesome last night. Joyce Manor sounded great and actually did the last 20 minutes of their set doing only requests, which was cool. A lot of people cleared out after they were done (150-200 attended the show, and about 60-70 people were watching Saves the Day), but Saves still sounded good.

SlappinCups likes this.
  23. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Tonight’s my first JM show. Can’t wait!