Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day - 9 (October 26, 2018) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Definitely would recommend listening once. Sure, the song was overplayed as hell for nearly a decade, but it's still a beautiful song in my opinion.

This. I love STD but if you ask me - their last great record was Daybreak. At this point, especially after 9, I would be more excited for Chris to do a solo project.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. Kuri44

I'd love an acoustic version of 9. Songs sounded beautiful in that video.

Dan O'Neill and Scoob like this.
  3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Saves hasn't been a high energy live band since,,,,, well for the entire time I've been seeing them (2009-). For me its more about the songs, and getting to see Chris be his goofy stoney ass self. Also when they did that run on warped where they did entirely different sets daily, which cemented them as a band I can't miss live.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea it’s been like this since around the S/T cycle. Kind of a bummer. There’s also been reports of like, epic shows here and there too, but super inconsistent.

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. “SANK YOU!”

7. xburningcoffin

KC

I don't see why Chris would do a solo project, STD has always been his project and he does whatever he wants under that moniker. I think 9 has tons more promise for the future than people are giving it credit for. Their live show in Nashville was fantastic and they sounded the best I've heard live!

8. waterloobeam

Regular

I saw saves the day in santa ana, ca and they were awesome. Arun killed it, he looked like a rockstar with his stage presence and errything

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea I’ve checked out some insta footage from a few recent shows and they sound pretty great.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

tbh i went to the LA and OC dates last week and they were SO KILLER. This is the first time I've actually thought Chris worked as just a singer and no guitar, he was Rocking OUT! and actually doing stuff vocally I feel like I hadn't heard him do before. The crowd was very amped for the old songs and nearly catatonic for everything after in reverie though. A guy did climb up the scaffolding and sit up there during the encore at the troubadour, which I had never seen happen before. One decision I thought was weird for the setlist was to have Suzuki and Beautiful World instead of Side By Side.

11. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Side By Side has definitely been on many recent setlists, along with those other songs. Maybe they had to cut some songs for that show.

12. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Wait, since when is Chris back to not playing guitar live?

13. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Was at the Nashville show, can confirm they sounded amazing.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think for this tour, they added another guitar player and chris just sings

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It was like that back when I saw their set at a festival back in 2017 as well so I think it’s been like this for at least 2 years now?

16. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I remember back in 2013, Chris did the vocals-only thing for “Jodie,” and everybody in the crowd lost their minds. He’s a wonderful guitarist, but he really seems to have fun when he’s moving around the stage, haha.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

So Spotify Australia doesn't have Stay What You Are for some reason. Anyone know why?

I posted about a missing Story of the Year album in a SOTY thread and now it's been uploaded so hoping that wasn't just a coincidence and this post might get Stay What You Are up there as well.

18. Kopitar11

Chris was very on point and not wasted in San Francisco and they absolutely destroyed. Best time I have seen them since maybe the B Sides record era. I still miss him playing guitar live since he is one of my guitar heroes but the new guy does hold it down playing the crazy chords.

19. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

I've really been digging this lately

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, I still really enjoy this. I'd say it's one of my favorites from them

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

22. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

23. mattfreaksmeout