Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day - 9 (October 26, 2018) Album • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I legitimately played Daybreak at a piece of shit dive bar to piss everyone off.

Dan O'Neill, jordalsh and irthesteve like this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I also played Dance Gavin Dance's cover of "Semi-Charmed Life" because it's horrible and the people at that bar deserve to suffer.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh my god that cover is so bad, what a monster

Joe4th and Leftandleaving like this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

its one of the worst covers ive ever heard

irthesteve likes this.
  6. irthesteve

the LA date of the current tour is Thursday night, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go but now I think I can... show is sold out and stubhub prices aren't any lower than $50. Gonna keep an eye out and see if anything changes

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Nothing can get me to press the play button there

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. Dan O'Neill and irthesteve like this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The DGD cover is *one* of the worst; this probably is *the* worst

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. Anyway, speaking of good covers:

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I don't even know the original song, but now I never want to.

12. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I’m a DGD fan and I couldn’t make it to the chorus of that Semi-Charmed Life cover

irthesteve and Leftandleaving like this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You’ve never listened to Such Great Heights by The Postal Service? Not being a dick - legitimately asking. I kind of figured everyone on this site has heard that song at least once in their life.

Dan O'Neill and irthesteve like this.
  15. Kuri44

jmitch0906 likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I legitimately have never. No insult toward the song or the band. I just missed that whole thing.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Seems like that reviewer maybe hasn’t seen them play live for a number of years now? When I saw them on Warped in 2014, they were pretty chill on stage (not high-energy at all) but the songs sounded really great. I don’t know, I just feel like, if you’re expecting them to bounce around on stage while they play, like a younger band, you’re at the wrong show. They’ve earned the ability to just stand there and play their songs without doing any backflips or anything, especially when everybody in the band has such strong musical chops and the songs come out sounding so good.

19. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah, they seemed to disregard the fact that all the band members are pushing 40 so yeah, they're not gonna be bouncing around the whole time haha.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. Not the best review. Definitely seems like someone who hasn’t seen STD before

21. jmitch0906

Quorn

I was at the Dallas show, Chris appeared to be very, very drunk. Either forgot words or just let the crowd sing into the mic for 20-30 second intervals. It was a very weird vibe. Have seen STD quite a few times and this past performance was one of the weirdest I've seen from them.

His voice still sounded pretty good, rest of the band sounded great.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I will say their shows have been strange lately and I have noticed Chris getting pretty plastered all the time. The other members just seem there and kind of put up with it but show no real interest. I'm not saying they have to run across the stage and dive into the crowd, I just think it would be nice if they at least pretended to like being there.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Check out the Saves the Day Fans fb group. Someone just posted a single LA ticket for $35

24. irthesteve

ooo not a bad idea, thanks!