Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day - 9 (October 26, 2018) Album • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. xburningcoffin

KC

JaytotheGee likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

All my vinyls came in the mail, but I was out of town. Now I'm finally back and look how awesome they are.

20181207_202249.jpg

20181207_202426.jpg

20181207_202601.jpg

Attached Files:

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

"singing from my heart / sad love song" is a great line and reminds me of the same sort of effect as "cry / die / boo hoo" on "your pain is mine now" by title fight

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. CrumbDonuts4Me

xburningcoffin likes this.
  5. James V. Jan 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2019)
    James V.

6. I got Under The Boards on vinyl a couple days ago brand new for $8 (insert sunglasses smiley guy emoji here)

jordalsh and Larry David like this.
  7. James V.

Fair enough. I was definitely ineloquent in addressing Chris and what's going on with him.

Well burningcoffee, thanks for the suggestion to move on. However, Chris created music on Stay What You Are and In Reverie that really sticks with me. So I look out for his new stuff when it comes out, even if it has been disproportionately wack in the last few years. And as this is a forum about music and this is a thread about Saves the Day and their new album, I feel like I have the right to weigh in.

Now as far as "the struggle" and "feeling magically cured" I think that's why a lot of Chris' promotional work has rubbed me the wrong way. When you read the story of every album from like Sound The Alarm through this new one, it's "this album has been the reason I've overcome depression, etc." and it simplifies this stuff. And as anybody who deals with mental illness knows, shit isn't that simple. It's a day to day struggle. But not the way Chris Conley has made it seem.

But regardless, I'm on Team Conley and I do hope he finds some peace. And I also hope he at some point writes some great music again.

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I was going through my old laptop hard drive from 10+ years ago and found a recording of one of the full studio sessions from Through Being Cool. It's legitimately them playing the whole album front to back.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

bradsonemanband and Larry David like this.
  9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

me im interested

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm gonna upload it tonight. I'll send you all PMs.

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Drama happened tonight at a bar. Too tired to do anything right now. I'll do it in the morning. I also found a demo of "Monkey".

12. Kopitar11

Me please! Dont know why but I don't seem to have access to PM you.

13. GBlades

Trusted

You still doing the PMs? Seems I can't PM you for the details.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Sorry about the delay, I was sick all weekend and so basically just stayed on my phone and didn't get to the computer until today. I am sending the link to the Drive folder to everyone on here who said they wanted it.

I'll also send another PM later tonight with "Lisa's Birthday Tape" in case you guys don't have it. It was a tape Chris made for a fan whose birthday he couldn't make it to or something. I don't remember the story. It's all original stuff not on any albums.

15. i’d be interested in this stuff too :)

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Apparently I was wrong. It is indeed from the TBC sessions, but they play stuff from their acoustic EP and CSD. It's not the full album front to back. I apologize for the misinformation.

Kopitar11 likes this.
  17. waterloobeam

Regular

I don't know about you guys, but I often revisit "29"...I really like how the Con man seemed to have poured his heart out on that track while you have the rest of the band, musically and emotionally, supporting him all throughout the 22 or so minutes as he's telling his story with such a platform. Love u CC..

18. you vandal

Regular

i forgot this album existed

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same.. probably cause it ain't good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. you vandal

Regular

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

gonna just ignore those last couple posts

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I mean 23 is bonafide highlight in a career full of many tremendous songs...and since it’s half the album, the album has to be great technically, right? Perhaps but I haven’t really gone back to the other songs nearly as much...

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I finally got back to my computer and uploaded "Lisa's Birthday Tape" if you want it.

It's five songs (really strange ones) written from Chris just for this person's birthday he missed (if I remember correctly.)

figureitout and Dan O'Neill like this.
  24. Dan O'Neill

Regular

That’s some real weird stuff. I downloaded it way back in the KaZaa days when I absolutely needed to hear every single deep cut, haha.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  25. Scoob

Regular