Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saves The Day - 9 (October 26, 2018) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Saw them in Nashville Sunday night. The new songs sound INCREDIBLE live and the rest of the set was also wonderful.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Listening to this album really allows me to appreciate their self titled even more.

3. xburningcoffin

KC

Agreed, that was a great show. Kevin was awesome too!

wakaflockajamez and Dan O'Neill like this.
  4. Kuri44

Remember, Ring Pop, and Stand In The Stars are all top tier STD songs in my book. Maybe even throw in In The In Between and Xenophobic Blind Left Hook. But I’m also in the minority (or perhaps the only person) that prefers S/T over the trilogy

5. I love self titled

6. Dan O'Neill

Regular

The S/T is one of my favorites from Saves The Day. You’re not alone, haha.

Kuri44 likes this.
  7. Stand In The Stars is in my top 10. i adore the self titled record

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Stand In The Stars is one of my favorite Saves songs but the chorus sounds like this lmao

9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Newbury Comics apparently has their own white version of the vinyl if any of you were thinking about picking it up.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I wonder if Chris ever thought to make more of this album seamless, like the final track is. Listening through right now, I could totally hear the first 3 songs being one track with three parts.

11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think the way it flows is very intentional, having one side be tracks and the other be one continuous song. Two 20 min songs would have been a WILD album, can u imagine

Dan O'Neill and irthesteve like this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oh i totally get that it's intentional, I just wonder if maybe at one point there was another (or more) multi-part songs, just based on tracks 1-3

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I love that about the record though, it has this percussive energy that just plows on through from song to song, until you get to 29 and shit gets wild

Scoob, Kuri44, Dan O'Neill and 2 others like this.
  14. xburningcoffin

KC

This record slays...it just keeps blowing me away. I loved seeing them live again, they are the best they have been in a long time right now... wish they would play 29 live but I can imagine that would be tough with the audience

Dan O'Neill and Drewski like this.
  15. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I once saw them do a 35 song set. “29” is the length of like 7 or 8 songs. They could totally make it work.

I hope they try it live sometime. That would be amazing.

xburningcoffin and irthesteve like this.
  16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I still wish they'd do Daybreak live too. Not enough love for that song.

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That's one of their best songs.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I frequent this video. They really should be playing it live.

19. xburningcoffin

KC

Why don't they ever play Bones or Delusional anymore? I love those songs the best from STA...I would also love to see Daybreak, they reference it a bunch on the new album so it obviously means alot to them

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Say Youll Never Leave is a pretty neat track from them to play live off that record....Bones would rule though

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. xburningcoffin

KC

I'm sure the reservation is the risk of playing a new song that only 1/4 of the people care to see vs. playing 7 or 8 songs off TBC or SWYA that get the crowd going ballistic for. I, too hope they try it out...

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  22. xburningcoffin Nov 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2018)
    xburningcoffin

KC

I'd love to be the person whispering "Bones will get them raging" whenever anyone was suggesting Say You'll Never Leave be added to the setlist.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Say You'll Never Leave fuckin' ripped. But yeah Bones would rule too. So would Head for the Hills.

Shit, play all of STA.

24. xburningcoffin

KC

K, but not like even close to how Bones would

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, just deal with it. SYNL is good too.

Dan O'Neill likes this.