Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sausage Party (Greg Tiernan/Conrad Vernon, 2016) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by scott, Mar 15, 2016.

1. fronkensteen

Trusted

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

It'd be a strangely specific lie

3. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Okay, I'm glad there's other people out there who didn't like this, all the jokes felt kind of lazy and "look at cartoons cursing" style of humor. The theater I was in loved it though, and we also had to go through 4 cops and a huge spiel to get into the theater

domotime2 and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I enjoyed this, partly for the concept and mostly for the final act. The middle drags a lot, but the insanity of the final 20-30 minutes won me over. It's so deranged and weird that I sort of loved it. The 2nd act is just a bit all over the place. No uproarious moments for me, but Kroll's character didn't bother me as much as I anticipated. The joke was beginning to get old before the bath salts, then it kicked into high gear.

The religious theme never really struck a chord w/ me though. Totally understand what they were going for, but it didn't resonate with me like I thought Seth & Evan intended.

Thursdaysox likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

this should've been better. I just wrote in the other thread at how i feel like this comedy clan always fails to live up to their grand premises and sausage party is no different. What a fucking crazy idea for a comedy. It's brilliant and honestly, they fleshed out the hardest part and that's making a somewhat decent plot....the only thing it needed was sharper writing and better timed jokes. It felt lazy.

7/10 but this is a disappointing 7/10.

7. domotime2

dont be. I thought those were the best jokes of the movies haha

tdlyon likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I thought it was fun to watch. A bunch of bits didn't work in my opinion but I felt that it still had a good message behind it and the last half hour of the movie is just insane.

9. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I feel like this was for a particular crowd within their broader comedy base. While I agree they could have done better, I enjoyed that it did what it did. I welcome any meta reference or usage of tripping, no matter how poorly executed.

10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The more I think about this movie, the more I realize how bad it was. Trey Parker and Matt Stone did everything the film tried to do... only much better and almost 2 decades ago.

domotime2 likes this.
  11. fronkensteen

Trusted

Matt and Trey are so overrated, it's insane.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Matt and Trey >>>>> Seth and Evan

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  13. fronkensteen

Trusted

I'd take Pineapple Express over anything either group has done.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. domotime2

that's funny, i said literally the exact same thing as i left the theater

and lmao at trey/matt being overrated. you can keep your pot jokes mr fronkensteen

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

To each his own. I like Pineapple Express quite a bit, but the South Park movie, Team America and even Cannibal The Musical are superior in my opinion.

16. domotime2

even BASEketball..... and if you want to include "Anything they've done", don't forget Book of Mormon and you know...that tv show that's been on for 20 years

Davjs and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  17. fronkensteen

Trusted

BASEketball cracks me up, but I'm not a fan of anything else they've done.

Thursdaysox likes this.
  18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Oh... and fuckin ORGAZMO!

Thursdaysox likes this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a huge Parker-Stone fan, but "Book of Mormon" took on religion in a much deeper, less convoluted way that anyone calling this revolutionary makes me question their judgment.

20. fronkensteen

Trusted

Wait, I'm confused. Can you clarify what you're saying?

21. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Matt and Trey's works are far superior. No question. The themes in Sausage Party are way too on-the-nose to resonate beyond the film and impact someone on the same level like the satire in Book of Mormon did. As a parody of Pixar and other recent animated features, it succeeds far better and works on that end.

Davjs likes this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't even seen Book of Mormon. Even Matt and Trey's old stuff is FAR smarter, funnier and more clever than ANYTHING in Sausage Party.

domotime2 likes this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I've seen the words "deep" and "revolutionary" get thrown around (not on here, but other sites) as they praise this film and I just don't see how anyone can reach that conclusion when there's so many other things, like "Book of Mormon" that have covered in a much better way.

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I actually compared this movie to Book to some people. And I agree, Book tackled to religion jokes a whole lot better.

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This was a fart

domotime2 likes this.