Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sausage Party (Greg Tiernan/Conrad Vernon, 2016) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by scott, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I think if you're planning on seeing Sausage Party eventually, you should do it as soon as you can. You really get the big laughs when there's a packed crowd, and there's gonna be less chance of that as time goes on.

2. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

Regal loaded my rewards card with a free ticket and drink this week only so going with my girlfriend then actually watching the last episode of ST when we get back.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I didn't love This Is The End so having a hard time getting excited for this

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I have mixed feelings about this movie. I feel like it would of been more humorous if they just played it straight with the idea for the movie, I often felt like the joke was the fact it was over the top crude and was also a digitally animated movie. That concept might be funny but it doesn't make it inherently funny? Most of the parts that were suppose to be funny, or what the people in the audience laughed at, was just around the fact they were swearing or being crude and also were talking food? Idk it didn't make me laugh because thats just the way most people I know talk so it's not really a joke just because a cartoon is saying it.

Other than that I did really like what they were going for and the food puns were pretty good, mostly provided by Nick Kroll's character who I didn't hate completely since he provided most of the setups for those puns but I was confused because he wasn't food? why does he get to talk but the knives don't? but I loved that they shot everyone up with bath salts, the stoner guy tripping and seeing the food was pretty good also I liked the ending a lot, I just thought that when they went through the portal it was going to just cut to a live action sequence of all the actors recording their voices and then just a bunch of food just appears in the air and drops to the ground... and when it didn't happen I was disappointed...
    but that mentos and coke thing was brutal

5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

also ed norton killed it as the bagel I don't think I would of guessed it was him

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I thought this was really funny for the most part. I'm not ashamed to admit that I laughed literally every time Douche accidentally made a food pun and that specific food would answer him and he'd get mad, and the payoff at the end was great. I also love everyone in the cast and I pretty easily identified everyone's voices immediately, but I actually had no idea who Paul Rudd played until I saw the credits. I never would have guessed he was the store employee, I didn't recognize his voice at all.

Like some said it did kind of go through a lull towards the middle, but I don't mind because the last 20 or so minutes is absolutely insane. The war scene was awesome, the orgy had me crying laughing, and I actually loved the meta ending. I'd love a sequel where the animated food tries to hunt down and kill the live action actors or something, that just sounds so insane it might work.

I don't think this topped Popstar but this is probably my second favorite comedy of the year so far

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"Pete's Dragon"

Serh likes this.
  8. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

one of the worst movies i have seen in a very, very long time

9. OhTheWater Aug 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2016)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Script was absolutely awful so I didn't expect people with opinions I align with to like this.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Out of those three, Sausage Party is my favorite.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I enjoyed Bad Moms a lot more than this and thought this was fine

13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Wait, what?

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol I was half asleep. I meant it the way that makes sense

Cody likes this.
  15. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

I think the decapitation was kinda where I checked out.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was okay. The decapitation was actually where I checked in. If the rest of the movie had been at a similar level of insanity, I probably would have liked it more.

Thursdaysox and popdisaster00 like this.
  17. fronkensteen

Trusted

I thought it was pretty funny. Liked it, didn't love it.

Worth the price of admission for sure.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This was enjoyable, I guess, but I definitely understand the complaints. Not nearly as funny or crude/raunchy as others have made it out to be.

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just got back. Almost all of the jokes/swearing fell very flat, but as others have said the bath salts/battle scen was fun. As was the orgy. Didn't mind Kroll's character. He was just there.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

went with my wife and she hated it. i didn't mind it but didn't love it

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Review: Sausage Party destroys the idea that American animation has to be for kids

this review I feel is spot on. The film suffers the most at the beginning when it's flexing it's R rating. The religious themes miss the mark completely though. That's what I feel the reviewer misses. I really did enjoy this film. The jokes do fall really flat. I didn't laugh out loud more than twice, but I overall was impressed with the notion of using the foundation of kids animated films as a way to present this. They totally nailed the aesthetic of it, but used their own taste.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also there was a father with a young son in front of me, and I felt really weird about it.

23. jorbjorb

7 rings

I thought it was pretty funny. last thing i saw before i turned 27 lol

24. I saw this lastnight with my girlfriend and a few friends. I cry-laughed many times throughout it, and also laughed awkward at the uncomfortable moments... But overall, I liked this a lot and I want to see it again to see if I can catch anything else I missed the first time.

I don't know if it's like this at all the theaters, or just in Provo, Utah, but there were signs posted saying, "if you're buying tickets to Sausage Party you MUST purchase tickets at the window" (instead of the automatic ticket machines, which I could kind of understand. It's an animated movie that looks like it'd be for kids if a parent didn't know better. But come on, it's Rated R. It says it everywhere. Also, at the ticket window, there were signs on all 4 windows saying "SAUSAGE PARTY IS RATED R!!!!" And we even got ID'ed when they tore our tickets... AAAAAND a security guard/cop guy came in during the previews and went up and down the aisles to (I assume) make sure everyone looked old enough. Haha, it was just really odd.

And after all that, four people walked out during the movie, which I thought was funny.

It was a weird experience. But yeah, the movie was hilarious. A "good" movie? Not really. But for what it was, it was very entertaining.

I too thought there'd be a live action sequence of some sort once they went through the portal.

My favorite thing about this whole movie was that Alan Menken composed the music. That fact cracked me up. For those who don't recognize his name, he wrote songs for a bunch of Disney movies, including Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Aladdin, and so many others.

Thursdaysox and JRGComedy like this.
  25. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.