Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sausage Party (Greg Tiernan/Conrad Vernon, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by scott, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that's quite a bit more promising

2. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i can't wait

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Kroll just showed a clip on Conan and it was pretty funny

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

kyle and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Getting very positive reactions from Comic Con from what I've seen

6. 8 reviews up at RT and they're all positive.

"Every minute of Sausage Party is brimming with wildly inappropriate jokes and situations. No spoilers here of course, but brace yourself for something unprecedented that will undoubtedly have your jaw hit the floor."

"The laughs barely let up after that first scene, in fact, in a film that proves to be not just more than a boundary-stretching exercise but one of the funniest arguments for the non-existence of God in some time."

"It's going to break the Internet."

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Can't wait.

8. goddamn

i mean, the trailers look funny, but...i was not expecting it to be that good haha

JRGComedy and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

"one of the funniest arguments for the non-existence of God in some time" dear lord what a sentence

imthesheriff and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Super excited to see this.

11. gah! can't wait!

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, it's only 8 reviews, some of which were all the way back in March. I don't want to get too stoked.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I don't know if this will be able to top Popstar for me but this has been my most anticipated movie of the year for a while

JRGComedy likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Worst movie of the year for me. Lacks any wit or sharpness that Rogen's other movies had. Somehow worse than "Zoolander 2," if we're comparing 2016 comedies.

15. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

ouch

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I don't believe it personally

17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Now I don't know what to believe!

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

69 on Metacritic, because of course it is.

Aaron Mook and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nice

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My reaction is apparently an extreme one compared to others. I just thought it was lazy from start to finish, minus the "Saving Private Ryan" scene and the end, which gets credit for being possibly the most explicit sex scene in all of mainstream film. It has a huge case of the try-hards where it's trying to be as politically incorrect as possible, but it's not clever, like say Mel Brooks or Matt Stone and Trey Parker. And its message of "There is no God" feels preachy and kind of a rip-off of "The Invention of Lying" and many other comedies. I liked to loved pretty much everything else Rogen/Goldberg have done, but I thought this was just awful.

Also, Devin Faraci called this movie "woke AF" and that made me super cringe.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably gonna catch a screening tomorrow, hoping this still ends up being good.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Not bad for a sausage party

23. I dunno, reviews remain positive

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You're just making me want to see it more tbh

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'm fine with that. I tend to think this isn't my humor, but I've liked almost of Rogen/Goldberg's work, so I'm still sticking with thinking this is a piece of garbage. That the highest score on Metacritic right now is Drew McWeeny, a critic I'm not a fan of as well as a guy Sony paid to do a panel for "Sausage Party," I'm waiting to see other critics' thoughts.

tdlyon likes this.