Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 354

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The only characters I liked of hers was Judy Grimes on Weekend Update and the first two or three Gilly sketches. David, I hate that Fred and Kristen Improv 101 sketch and that they brought it back for the 40th anniversary show.

As someone else mentioned, the rest were just variations on her playing some character that didn’t allow for anyone else to do anything and she got to do like 2 or 3 of them per show. It was maddening and even moreso when Lorne gave her that tearful goodbye, while other cast members like Jason Sudeikis didn’t get anything.

2. Bridesmaids is still awesome but yeah watching her last night felt kind of weird. Like she was a great host but I wasn’t laughing

iCarly Rae Jepsen and GrantCloud like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

4. I don’t know how east coasters do it! At least it starts at 10:30 in central time

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

JaytotheGee and incognitojones like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

some of us have insomnia

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

9:30 mountain time and I'm into it haha

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The black people/Utah Jazz joke during Weekend Update really got me going for some reason, hahahahaha

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Bolded part honestly perfectly applies to Kate too. All of her characters are basically the same thing

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the scarjo joke was the hardest this show has made me laugh in a long time

12. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

lol seriously, im falling asleep by the last half hour of the show.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I typically watch live until the musical guest comes on, go up to bed and watch Weekend Update in bed and then turn it off and watch the rest in the morning.

15. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Maybe I’m out of line but I don’t have a ton of sympathy for Kattan. It just seems like he has been trying to blame everyone associated with SNL for him not being a big movie star when it just seems like the bigger issue was his ego and that he may not have been the greatest person to work with.

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

17. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I posted in the comedy thread too I hope he can get the help he needs. I was kind of worried something was up when he hosted SNL last month

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Ah fuck. I hope it helps. He's always talked about how he's struggled with alcohol and drug use in the past.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn that's upsetting to hear. I hope he gets the help he needs.

20. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I honestly don’t remember much about his recent episode. What caused you to think something was up?

21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

During his monologue he kept licking his lips and teeth which is something people do on coke. I was hoping it was nothing but had a bad feeling for some reason.

trevorshmevor, Zilla and Sal Paradise like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

phaynes12 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s outstanding, fuck the globes

25. Finally threw on the Wiig episode, I liked it a lot more than the thread seemed to. The USO sketch was gold. Great night for all the newer players. Couple of misses in there as always, but my only hope was that we wouldn’t see Penelope, so I can’t be mad. Definitely coulda done without the Trump montage during Update though. Dua smashed it, that headpiece in Levitating was crazy looking