Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 340

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn I fully got chills when the band came in

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol Baldwin holding a "You're Welcome" sign come on man

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Laughing pretty hard at the Rudy impression during Weekend Update, hahaha

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This episode was obviously not going to live up to the hype and I'm sure it ended up looking a lot different than it was going to like 12 hours ago but it was still pretty good. Liked how uniquely loose it felt. Really weird that Chappelle was barely in it but I'm assuming that was a personal choice for him

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

DarkHotline and incognitojones like this.
  6. soggytime

Trusted

Chappelle was clearly there to eat up time (16 minute monologue) and lend a hand to an exhausted cast and crew. 6 weeks in a row was a bad idea. It’s baffling they didn’t schedule the post-election episode first

phaynes12 likes this.
  7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, they were clearly tapped. Didn’t feel like much of an episode because of the monologue and Chappelle not being in a few sketches. Hope they get some time off and come back recharged.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Wait are you in MT too?

9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I Couldnt finish the hail sketch. Maybe Ill try again.

I Liked Rudy on WU. Che looked drunk.

Mario sketch was cute.

All in all - it was ok. I had higher ideas though I guess.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

worth checking out clips?

popdisaster00 likes this.
  11. chris-wrecker

Trusted

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No shit! I'm in Missoula and drive through GF everytime I go home for the holidays

chris-wrecker likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Never thought I’d complain about missing an SNL episode but due to the nearly hour delay, I only saw the cold open, the monologue, then my cable cut out for 5ish minutes and I saw the Mario skit and the beck/gf skit and that was it. Set my DVR to record the rest (even recorded what was scheduled on NBC for 1 am and 130 am) but for whatever reason it didn’t work.

oh well.

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Next ep would be a good chance for them to do a tribute to both Trebek and Connery

15. The OJ sketch was pretty weak and it felt weird to have two news sketches in a row, but otherwise this episode was actually great. By far the best of this season, anyway

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! I laughed more at this episode than I have at anything else this season.

That Beck/Ego pretape was one of the tightest written SNL sketches in a while

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Pretty good ep. The audience and the cast were all clearly in good spirits and it gave everything a nice energy, even for the weaker stuff.

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The Aunt Jemima sketch is the hardest I’ve laughed at a sketch in a while, esp when Chappelle broke character

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Aunt Jemima, Take Me Back, and Mario Brothers all had me in stitches.

20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Definitely the strongest episode by far this season.

popdisaster00 and blast0rama like this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

don't know if it's BY FAR better than mulaney

imthesheriff likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Overall a really good episode. The monologue was hit or miss for me in terms of jokes, but when he was just kind of speaking his mind I liked it. I laughed at every skit, but the Aunt Jemima, Take Me Back, and Mario Bros ones all had me crying.

chewbacca110 and imthesheriff like this.
  23. The image of Kyle laying flat on the toilet was incredible

24. Good episode

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I actually had to look to see when I stopped watching SNL. I think it was 95 when sand/spade/rock/schneider were all gone and Oteri/Shannon/norm macdonald were there.

So yes, Im biased to those funjny times when I Was younger and SNL just cracked me up. I missed the boat after that til recently, when my girls roped me back in....

JRGComedy likes this.