Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 234

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Imagine how mad online Che would get if Shane's fired, he may get in trouble for calling a journalist a p*ss* or whatever but probably not but let me have hope that he's also fired

Zilla and Anthony_ like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean it's kind of hard to not see this as them trying to bring some "balance" to the show in terms of having a MAGA-friendly chud amidst the "Liberal East Coast SJW elites".

incognitojones and imthesheriff like this.
  3. Anthony_

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Zilla like this.
  4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

5. Anthony_

Yeah I mean let's be honest we all watch the show but its reputation was fully cemented as 100% obliterated in my eyes when they had Trump host in 2015. This is just adding to that.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It’s just a very weird hire. Not saying that SNL doesn’t make some terrible choices, but they’ve never leaned into the “Bonfire”/“Legion of Skanks” dirtbag comedy scene, where they champion Louis CK, are racist and complain about censorship. It feels like a response against those who complained about Michael Che, but who knows? Lorne is an exceptionally weird and sheltered person.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Based on everything I’ve read/ heard about SNL. They are not organized or deliberate enough to hire a guy like this with the intent of publicity or response to anything. I’m assuming they liked what they saw in the audition and hired him without looking into his background in any way and that’s it.

GrantCloud, trevorshmevor and Zilla like this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Still, it would be very stupid of them not to vet the guy in this day and age. Most employers at least look up your social media presence when making a decision to hire you.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

10. Sal Paradise

Trusted

100% agree

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Lorne's hiring process and the way he treats people auditioning or meeting with him is notoriously toxic and anxiety inducing. I really hope whenever he retires, someone like Seth Meyers takes over and corrects the way that works.

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

He purposely creates an environment where writers have to be overly competitive with each other to get sketches written to be approved for the show

incognitojones likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

14. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Che wouldn't get mad online over him getting fired. He'd be more likely to be upset at how unfunny Shane is.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

He is the most thin skinned person alive and probably finds Shane hilarious

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Really awesome that the lead writer of SNL is a fucking psychopath who evidently has all the time in the world to clap back at anyone who has something even remotely negative to say about him. Jost, who hates poor people, might be the less problematic of the two on some level

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Do you think Jost purposefully aligns himself with people like Che and his tree fiancee to seem less insufferable in comparison

incognitojones and Anthony_ like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

From what I'm hearing (including from a mutual on twitter), if you message Che on IG to dunk on him, he'll IMMEDIATELY spit right back, brag about how much richer he is than you, then block you. In my mutual's case, Che called him ugly as well. Dude's got plenty of time on his hands he ain't doing anything else

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

Iono. I follow him on Instagram and his stories add a lot of context that the comedy writers who have it in for him don't. Theyre pretty damn thin skinned too.

21. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

We're really acting like a bored comedian clapping back for the lols is some sort of monster huh. That Jack Allison guy is the worst.

22. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I'll die on the "Micheal Che is misunderstood" hill. I don't care.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Dude is thin-skinned

24. yeah all that weird misogyny is just a misunderstanding

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Seems pretty clear to me