Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just got around to it and yeah, Space Pants was by far the best but the rest was pretty middling. Dinklage seemed very game though

2. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I found myself cracking up at Space Pants. I love silly SNL sketches that actually work.

Weekend Update this season has been miles better than the first ones with Jost/Che. I liked the political-heavy first half, to me it felt very much like Seth Meyers' type humor and I have no shame to say that I love his stuff.

3. Emperor Y

Jesus rides beside me Prestigious

Episode was very meh. Space pants was great tho.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah I'm still thinking about Space Pants. I also weirdly liked the magician and hotel sketches this week.

5. They tried a lot of weirder stuff, which I at least appreciated if I didn't always enjoy. It was clear that Dinklage is a much better/more versatile actor than most hosts, too.

6. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Didn't enjoy the Dinklage episode as much as I was hoping to. SNL in general doesn't do it for me like it used to and that kind of bums me out. Hopefully it can return back to its former glory of being worth watching every Saturday at some point.

7. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I've been watching it pretty regularly for the past 10 or so years. It's such a huge part of my life that I'm not sure if I'll be able to just not watch it honestly. Even when the episodes aren't great I definitely have my faves in the cast so it keeps me tuning in each week just to see what they're going to come out with.

omgrawr likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I'll probably always watch it.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I grew up watching the show since the early 90's and that period has helped shaped my sense of humor. For a period in the early to mid 2000s I didn't watch as frequently when I was in college. But the show made the right choice starting with the Lonely Island's Digital Shorts where they released sketches online the following day which would spread to a wider audience who wouldn't normally tune in to the live broadcast.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Been watching since season 39. Definitely has had its ups and downs, and I certainly don't watch it EVERY Saturday like I used to, but the current cast has talent and it's still fun to watch for the most part.

11. Man, I love The Californians. Wish Fred and Bill had never left.

I went on Hulu yesterday and watched all of them. Fred's pronunciation and Bill's faces kill me every time.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Cold open was good, not great

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I like that they didn't edit the Gladiator clip, that made it funnier

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Lol I don't think the audience recognized the real Al Sharpton

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

But it could go down

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Everything about The Nice Guys looks awesome

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Al Gore rhythm

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The Nice Guys looks fantastic but this is a bad episode so far

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is just weird

21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Russell Crowe is bombing pretty bad, although most of the episode is pretty disappointing. Minus the Al Sharpton skit which had me cracking up the entire time.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

One-armed rock climber and Black China jokes were great and Bruce Chandling kills me every time but boring Weekend Update besides that

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

100 Days in the Jungle was actually pretty funny except I have no idea what Crowe said at the end

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Uh, a Good Neighbor sketch actually made it on the air, like that's normal.

Pogie Pepperoni's was great

25. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Margo Price is like, the least-known musical guest in a long time, right? I've literally never heard of her.

I feel this comes off as mean, when I'm really just curious if I'm out of it lately.