Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 174

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I used to watch and now I just skim YouTube for a few clips

2. OotyPa

fall away

I dunno--I found myself enjoying last season a lot. I would crack up multiple times throughout each episode and this season's writing is notably worse.

incognitojones likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can't even remember the last time I really enjoyed a live sketch. Yeah, I'll laugh here and there, but most of the sketches I've really enjoyed over the past 5-10 years have been pre-recorded sketches. Those always seem to be way funnier and more thought out than anything they do live anymore.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So I’m just now watching the Liev Schriber episode...what’s up with his voice? Does he just use a deeper voice when he acts or was he sick or something? Because he sounds completely different than anything I’ve seen him in haha

chewbacca110 likes this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

If you haven't yet, check out the Taran Killam episode of I Was There Too. He breaks down a lot of the problems behind the scenes at SNL and why the pre-taped sketches usually are better than the live ones

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think this season has been fine. The start to last season was much more rough IMO.

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Not sure if he still does it but he also does the voice-over narration for the NFL training camp docu-series on HBO and I never would have noticed until I was told he does it.

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

There’s been some misses this season but overall I’ve enjoyed it especially the last 2 episodes.

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Season 39 was the last consistently good season, imo

40 was alright too

10. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know where Steve got that dog sweater he was wearing for the goodbye and if they make them for other breeds of dog?

OotyPa likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cliff notes?

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

13. The NASA tv one was pretty funny. Kate bumping her head into the glass repeatedly killed me.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Andddd were back to bad. A lot of "out there" concepts, which is great, but a lot lot lot lot of misses.

Stupid dad was simple and okay. Amazon commercial felt like a schil ad for amazon. Thanksgiving song was okay? Ginsburg... I'm not into this chris/davidson rap thing. Jokes aren't strong enough. Weekend update was poorer than usual. Creepy dad (on the same episode as stupid dad) was rough (cause I'm not a fan of aidy). And the purple corn was awful. Gpyaas had potential but lazily written.

Only gems was nasa. Good overall sketch. And heidi in the rv sketch was hilarious...shes definitely the future star of the show. We need more melissa though :(

15. imthegrimace

I know this show isn’t the best that it can be but damn some of you hate everything they do.

marceting and Larry David like this.
  16. domotime2

loved last week's episode

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Being a SNL fan for 20+ years, if I had a dollar for every time someone said either "This hasn't been good in a decade" or that a certain sketch that goes viral "WAS THE FUNNIEST SKETCH IN YEARS," I'd be a very rich man. It's always the worst take.

18. domotime2

happens all the time in the south park thread (or any south park thread for that matter) so i hear ya man haha

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

It's Miley!

21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus are working together? My interest is piqued

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I do not foresee an Uptown Funk-level gem between Mark Ronson and Miley...

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Is Damon gonna do another Brett Kavanaugh sketch?!?!!?

Larry David likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Me and my fiance usually watch Sunday mornings together on Hulu while having breakfast, if a skit isn't going well we usually just chat. We've been chatting a lot during it lately. Usually each cold open and weekend update.

25. imthegrimace

ahh yes that old saying "you can't tell if something is funny unless you talk over it!"

chewbacca110 and Larry David like this.