Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saturday Night Live TV Show • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by morgantayler, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

it can't be long before the Funko bubble bursts, right?

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I hope not. I'm counting on my Funko investment to pay for my kid's college tuition.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, I can't not buy the Dick in the Box ones

Davjs likes this.
  4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I can not, its so easy

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. Stefon and the David S. Pumpkins combo are too good, I only have a few Pops but those will definitely be a nice addition

Larry David likes this.
  6. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the Funko bubble is a ways off from bursting yet. As someone who works at a Hot Topic, they're still a pretty huge part of day-to-day sales, and the hardcore collectors are still really intense about it. So much so that numerous new policies regarding Pops have been implemented because of collectors behaving poorly.

I think the fact that there's SO many different styles from so many different games, movies, tv shows, etc makes it more sustainable than something like Beanie Babies or whatever because there's pretty much something for everyone.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Is this something you expand on at all? I’ve heard of collectors being crazy about perfect boxes and stuff, but that’s about it

8. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

One big thing is, say if there's a Pop that has a "chase" edition (a rare variant made in limited quantities that collector's seek out), people would do things like bulk buy a case of that one Pop hoping to get the chase variant included and if they did, they'd keep the chase and return the rest.

We can't put them on hold for customers anymore either, because of people abusing the "24 hour hold that can be extended by request over the phone" policy. Literally the only kind of merchandise in the store we can't put on hold anymore hah.

And then there's just been various instances of collectors damn near getting into altercations with each other over those rare editions. Shit's wild haha.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Damn, and I thought vinyl record collectors were nuts

10. O_O that’s insane! Especially that first bit. The thought of someone doing that makes me like, irrationally upset lol. It’s literally why we can’t have nice things!

11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair I feel like any kind of product or collectible that has a hardcore collector community with a secondary market is gonna be full of nutjobs, but something about the Funko stuff really seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Haha yep. I remember a story one of the managers told me about a (former) regular of ours who has a reputation with literally EVERY local store that carries Pops. Us, Barnes & Noble, GameStop, FYE, they all know and hate him haha. He apparently went to a midnight release at Wal-Mart for a Pop and I guess they had a couple aisles roped off and were having people line up so they could all go through one at a time and grab one. He just went ahead and ducked under the rope, into the aisle, and took out a pocketknife and started opening the shipment box himself. I'm pretty sure it got him banned from that store for life ha.

I could go on for hours about this shit probably haha. You'd think after almost three years at my job I wouldn't be surprised anymore but nope.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Sterling & Bill!

OotyPa and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I am so stoked for Bill

musicfan9795 and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

HADER!!!!!!

15. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

James Bay and Arcade Fire are nice musical guests too.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

So excited for Hader

I really want Sudeikis to host at some point

17. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not even a black eyed peas fan, but I always found this bit so funny

incognitojones likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't bought any in so long because I have so much.... but this is a must have.

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

im suprised they let hader come back to host, didnt his last hosting gig get like some of the worst ratings in a while? personally glad to have him though.

20. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

i just want herb welch like give me that and i'll be okay with whatever else happens

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Can't say I entirely disagree

marceting likes this.
  22. domotime2 Mar 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2018)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I've been watching a lot of old snl lately. God was norm MacDonald amazing... watched the David Letterman sketch "uhh you got any gum" might be the funniest line in snl history

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

In retrospect it’s funny how Norm got fired because of making too many OJ Simpson jokes while one of the NBC execs was good buddies with OJ.

domotime2 likes this.
  24. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Ehhh I'm so over Baldwin Trump. Some lines make me chuckle but that's more the writing than his performance.

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed, not laughing at all here