Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sara Bareilles Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matthewconte, Feb 15, 2017.

1. @@ron

Regular

These new songs are really underwhelming to me. Still hopeful for the rest of the album though.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think No Such Thing and Fire are both beautiful songs, it's just interesting that she hasn't released any big pop single, along the lines of Brave, King of Anything or Love Song.

Not a complaint, I love all styles of Sara. But this seems like it might be a stripped back album.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I keep coming back to her new album, hoping it will click. But I kind of just feel like most of it is really boring. Anyone else super underwhelmed by it?

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm a massive Sara fan, so when it first came out I was defending it and forcing myself to love it. But yeah, over a month out and I'm finding it very boring. Only songs I come back to are Fire, No Such Thing, Saint Honesty and Miss Simone.

5. No Such Thing and Orpheus are my favorites on there, but overall it was underwhelming for me too. I loved Blessed Unrest.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really only care about "Saint Honesty." The rest of it is fine, but feels super lacking in energy and has none of the melodic punch that makes her earlier stuff (especially Kaleidoscope Heart) so wonderful.

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I hate to say it's a little too "samey," because I don't always think that is a flaw for an album. But in this case, I do think it hurts the album. Nothing really sticks out.

8. @@ron

Regular

The only song I came back to is Someone Who Loves Me.. which is incredibly sweet. I’m very disappointed in how little I enjoyed this album. She has one of the best voices in my opinion and this was hard to get through even once.

9. Clockwork

Regular

I guess I have the unpopular opinion, but I love this album. It’s definitely slower than her other ones, which I’m not crazy anout, but the end product is just gorgeous. Then again, I think Blessed Unrest is by far her weakest album (besides What’s Inside), and this feels like the opposite of that one in a lot of ways.

10. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I feel like this one is deliberately a bit knottier and she's earned that. I'm holding off any major pronouncements on it until I get some more listens

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Matthewconte likes this.
  13. Clockwork

Regular

Absolutely love the song. I remember listening to shitty live recordings back in like 2008, so hearing it in crystal clear studio quality is insane.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anyone else been watching Little Voice? I'm absolutely loving it. The music is really great too! Love this song, could've seen it being a hit if Sara released it herself

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

She surprise released a new album today! Similar to What's Inside, it's all the songs she wrote for Little Voice performed by her.

16. quietwords

I haven’t been able to finish the show. Something about the lead character bothers me.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah I actually love the lead character! By biggest issue with the show was how they completely rushed some storylines. Like they were expecting the audience to give a crap when certain things happen (won't get into specifics if you haven't finished it) but they happen so fast we didn't even get a chance to feel emotionally invested.
    The show still had me hooked cuz the music was great and I loved seeing NYC as the backdrop. Love when shows take place in the city and are actually filmed there. It bothers me so much watching like Brooklyn 99 and it's clearly Los Angeles lol

18. Sometimes I can't believe it's been that long, but then I remember the night I randomly heard King Of Anything on an episode of... Medium. Yeah, guess that's how old this album actually is. It's still my favorite since. Classic after classic.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

My favorite album of hers. Can't believe it's been 10 years, wow.

20. quietwords

Yeah, definitely my favorite of hers as well and it’s not even close.

21. Clockwork

Regular

Ahh I remember listening to it as I drove to school in my shitty Chevy Blazer. Crazy that it’s been 10 years. She DESPERATELY needs to repress it on vinyl though. The only current version sells for like $400.

22. @@ron

Regular

I’m so glad I grabbed one of those when it was for sale in her store. Such a great album. Hold My Heart remains an absolute favorite song of my from her

23. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I can’t believe it’s been 10 years.

I’m not sure a better pop album has been released since