Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sara Bareilles - Amidst The Chaos (April 5, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 1, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

1. Fire
    2. No Such Thing
    3. Armor
    4. If I Can’t Have You
    5. Eyes On You
    6. Miss Simone
    7. Wicked Love
    8. Orpheus
    9. Poetry By Dead Men
    10. Someone Who Loves Me
    11. Saint Honesty
    12. A Safe Place To Land (feat. John Legend)

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

"Armor" will appear on Bareilles' fifth studio album, produced by T Bone Burnett and set to release this spring on Epic Records.

Still no release date I guess

manoverboard365 likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

I also saw on instagram that she finished filming a music video for another song called "Fire."

I'd expect that to drop alongside an album announcement before the end of the month.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

heck yes

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I kind of forgot about Armor. :teethsmile:
    Still looking forward to a new album, though

6. quietwords

manoverboard365 and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ahhhhhh yeah!

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

manoverboard365 likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

really looking forward to this

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Bring on the tour dates please!

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

13. quietwords

Hate to say it but none of these songs have clicked with me. :-/

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Starting to pick up on the vibe she's going for with this album.

No pop singles, just sounds like a a stripped relaxed break up album. The lyrics for this newest song are top notch.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Album's out now. I've only given it one listen but it's probably my least favorite of hers. Still enjoyable, though. It's definitely her least pop album, aimed more towards an adult contemporary crowd. I can also think of 2 songs that could've just been cut entirely and kept it at a stronger 10 track album.

I really hope she plays If I Can't Have You on SNL tomorrow.

16. quietwords

Yeah, I've only listened once while at work, but sadly nothing stuck out to me.

17. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I really love this record. On my second full listen.
    I am struggling a little bit with Armor. Particularly the line in the bridge about "blind men only set the world on fire." It's such a strong song, and the message is both well-done and important. As a minority in law school, I was getting the big rush that I got from something like Brave -- like I can do this, and that the adversity is a way of getting stronger. I am very aware of the fact that not everything is targeted at me, and I really don't want to make this song, with it's message, about me and my experiences. I'm a sishet white guy, and, even if I'm getting a bump from the song, it's not targeted at me; my rush seems incidental. And I'm super alright with that.
    But as a blind man, I really bump on that metaphor. It's obviously not targeted at setting the world on fire in a good way. I know that it's a metaphor, and I think it's a strong one. But it's sticking in my teeth, and I'm struggling as to whether, if at all, I should bump on it. I thought I'd bring it up here. I hope this doesn't tick anyone off.

JRGComedy likes this.
  18. Clockwork

Regular

This album is so, so good. Fire, Miss Simone, Poetry by Dead Men, and Saint Honesty are the highlights for me. Also kind of wish John hadn’t been on A Safe Place to Land

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Highlights for me are If I Can't Have You, Wicked Love, Orpheus and Miss Simone.

Lowest point on the record is definitely Eyes on You. Cool different sound for her, but I feel like the mixing ruins the song. The drums are way too loud and yet the chorus doesn't have the oomph that it's going for

20. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

Could not agree more. I loved the verses and was waiting for a serious sky-high chorus, and it never really got there.

21. eight30

Regular

I listened once through also and I think there were some stand out moments but not many stand out songs. This sound is a lot more roomy, a little more jazz but too low key for my tastes. I'll listen more to see if anything really clicks.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Me and Sara would've for sure been best friends in high school

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. quietwords

Tour announced today

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Madison Square Garden, holy shit.

25. eight30

Regular

I did not expect her to play Amway here and I am not excited to see what ticket prices will be but I am certainly going!