Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin Stream New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

If anyone needs me for the next 45 minutes, I'll be sitting in the dark with my headphones on in a state of euphoria. So ready for this.

3. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Fantastic album, really enjoyed it front to back.

5. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

That was great - way more varied than I was expecting. Tracks that stuck out to me on first listen...

"Count Back From Ten" - Classic Saosin. Took me right back in time from the opening notes.
    "The Stutter Says a Lot" - One of several that were a pretty big departure from what I was expecting. Reminds me of Further Seems Forever.
    "Illusion & Control" - The last 30 seconds may be the best thing the band has ever done. Absolutely insane.

morken, teebs41, beachdude42 and 2 others like this.
  6. PDPOUTCAST

AOTY for me. Wow.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Jake Z

Regular

Will try to resist listening but probably will give in. Can't wait.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Taylor Harpster

Didn't expect it to be this heavy, or AWESOME! Really enjoying it.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I'll definitely give it a shot, but I don't love Anthony. The stuff I've heard so far didn't really do much.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is definitely better than I expected. Very nice.

11. LightsOut

Regular

When is the official release date

Sorry about my english. Im trying

AshlandATeam likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

No worries bud. 5/20

LightsOut likes this.
  13. I'm over halfway through and feel like I'm listening to a brick wall. Seem constantly huge, very few sonic dynamics. I could blame the mix/master for this as much as the songwriting, but it still makes the song seem so indistinct to me.

Anyone who really likes this album, or even those who feel disappointed, I believe you could get a similar but superior and more interesting album with Falling Up's s/t from last year.

14. I'll give it that much

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. ARo24

Regular

Loving the comments. I can't wait to check this out.

16. Ooooo me likey "The Secret Meaning of Freedom." Easily my favorite so far. "Sore Distress" was a nice change of pace, but reminded me a lot of Descensus as well. (I love Descensus, but I really don't want new Saosin to sound like Circa.)

17. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

My body is ready, but I'm gonna hold off until my copy comes in the mail. Can't wait!

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

For those holding out, the album is worth the wait. I'm excited for y'all to listen; make sure your neighbors can hear Illusion and Control.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  19. The last two songs might be good enough to change my opinion of the album overall. I'll spin it at least one more time, probably in a few days.

20. Jusscali

I don't know about the album that you mentioned, but I am 100% with you on the first comment. I thought the second song ripped though.

21. Jusscali

Second Guesses is lovely. More of this, please.

22. CMilliken

Trusted

I'm doing the same.

23. Oh god no. The christian rock band from Oregon? Oh sweet lord run far away from that.
    I'd blame Pandora, cause I've been listening to this thing for weeks and it's full of great dynamics.

24. Jusscali

That's good to know. Figured it had something to do with it. I feel like the songs are opening up more and more as the album progresses.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Is it just me or is the opening riff of Idealogy Is Theft a straight up rip off of They Perched On Their Stilts..

If only I could rewind on Pandora lol