Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

no dude the closing track is the best thing they have done. super cool guitar effects and screaming over really chill stuff its so cool

2. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Well shit. Guess buying it on itunes and on vinyl. Insatiable after hearing that stream

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

seriously can someone tell me how they left this last track off of the record.. this thing is stunningly good

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Putting this on for a first listen. I have high hopes. If I like it as much as In Search of Solid Ground I'll be pleased, if I like it as much as self titled it'll blow away my expectations.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

"The Silver String" isn't as energetic as I'd expected for an opener.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

I'm kind of surprised Racing Toward a Red Light isn't the opener.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Racing Toward a Red Light is my favorite song so far.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So I'm only halfway through, but I absolutely agree with Jason's statement that this often seems like a band trying to imitate Saosin. I think maybe it works better for him than it does for me, though. I also only really know Saosin with Cove, so switching to Anthony on vocals is a little bit jarring -- feels like I'm listening to a weird Circa album.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Stutter and Sore Distress are pretty dull. This is definitely suffering from typical mid-album woes.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, The Secret Meaning of Freedom is pretty good.

Apologies for hijacking this thread

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Transient_Hymn

I loved stutter and sore distress. I think ill be re ordering this to flow better though. G

teebs41 likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Kinda feel like I should enjoy this more than I do. The songs themselves aren't that strong.

And as I type that, here comes Ilusion & Control... this is a good one

teebs41 likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Guess I'm in the minority on this one. I clearly haven't soured on this sound or anything, as I still love their last two records. This one seems so paint by numbers though. There are still a few songs I'm sure I'll want to give repeat listens.

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Another thing about this being pretty homogeneous throughout is that there's not much flow to it, and that's something that really helps an album for me. Like, neither the opener nor the closer here seem like the proper beginning or end of an album.

15. Transient_Hymn

Racing should be the opener.
    Illusion control closer. Except it sounds like the bonus track is probably the real closer if it is as epic as alluded to.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Along the Shadow of Man is one of the best songs on here, no idea why it's been relegated to bonus track status.

Jason Tate and teebs41 like this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It really is, like that song..: wow

18. canvasofwinter

Horrendous Space Kablooie

I'm really curious to hear this statement elaborated on. I think I might kind of agree, but I'm finding it hard to articulate.

FakeGyllenhaal likes this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, it's very hard for me to describe too. It just sounds sorta like the band put on a Saosin record and said "we need to make something that sounds like this", and then... did. I dunno, really difficult thing to put into words -- it's really just an impression I get.

FakeGyllenhaal likes this.
  20. Can I just say that I love this site so much because it's the only place I can come to gush about a Saosin record and a Chance mixtape at the same time and everybody totally gets it

Scarecrow Boat, SpyKi, bruh and 6 others like this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I take this for granted sometimes, but yeah, it really is awesome.

beachdude42 and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think people associate Cove's voice with this band now and Anthony's voice has changed so much and thats why it feels like a band covering them.. Also they are doing some different things here that they definitely did not do on their other records, but that has me excited, and I am excited to dig into this record. I have no idea how I feel about the lyrics yet, no idea what these songs are about either.. I'm so drawn to the guitar parts and the melodies that I just havn't focused on them.

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yep! These are the two records I'm gonna be spending a ton of time with tonight, glad this site is a place where I can share my passion for both.

24. beachdude

Caved and started listening a few minutes ago... first four tracks have all been great!

teebs41 likes this.
  25. beachdude

God, I am LOVING this so far! Not even done with the standard edition.

Jason Tate, teebs41 and FTank like this.