Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 95

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yes

2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Everyone is in Saosin. I’m in Saosin.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

We are all Saosin.

4. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

i particularly liked those redux albums silverstein did, they brought new life into forgotten songs and b-sides rather than just the hits. i thought those were cool projects we got because of the pandemic!

5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

As long as it has a new song or two, I’ll be happy

6. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Silverstein are the only band who come to mind for me where I would actually listen to the re-recordings instead of the original, at least when it comes to their first album. That was a situation where the production quality really didn't do the songs justice and Shane sounds so much better now.

Thrice, 4YS, not so much. Originals any day.

WadeCastle likes this.
  7. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I was happy I could just import an original version of EOTW from the EU for basically the same price as the rerecording

8. The Thrice re-recording is so much better than the original, for my tastes, that I honestly don't think I'll ever listen to the original again. That one really surprised me. I understand if others feel differently tho!

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I asked Sonos to play Saosin this morning and it was a great time until about 10 songs in when they threw in a ISOSG song

Micah511 and SFguitar like this.
  10. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised this didn't get posted:
    upload_2024-2-29_10-52-50.png

He said it on his Discord (still there). So Cove is officially back in full it would seem. Maybe Anthony will appear at some shows, but I'd hazard a guess at the period we just saw being a slightly weird handover.

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Down for new Saosin no matter who's behind the mic

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Thats unfortunate.

Ellamamama and irthesteve like this.
  13. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I’m actually pretty excited at the thought of an album/tour with Cove. Seeing self titled songs that I’d never thought I’d see live again would be awesome.

14. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

same here, i only saw em twice with cove back in the day (06 & 10)

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Doesn't really matter at this point, the album won't be out for at least 5 years haha

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I've always preferred Cove with Saosin and Anthony with Circa. Excited for this album in 5 years

17. I feel a little less crazy for asking if Anthony was actually in the band anymore now. I'm excited regardless of who is behind the mic. Having them both would be really cool too.

18. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

what albums is beau working on currently?

irthesteve likes this.
  19. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Oh man I was excited for another Anthony album. Hopefully whatever new stuff they make with Cove is a lot better than ISOSG.

palebluedot likes this.
  20. christsizedshoes

Trusted

That's a bummer and likely puts a ceiling on how great the LP can be, but let's be honest... it was never going to happen with Anthony anyway, so this is better than nothing. Onward and looking forward to the instrumentals.

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

One step closer to a Circa reunion hopefully

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

A new Saosin record with Cove back on vocals? Did I die and enter heaven?!

BigMouth likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Down for Cove

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I don’t think there’s any reason why they can’t continue on in the same sense that Further Seems Forever appears to do.

I’d love to hear a new Cove record & a new Circa record.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Can't say I'm not bummed as I'd been looking forward to hearing new stuff with Anthony since Beau first teased it like... back in 2019? Even 2018?

Whenever it comes out, part of me will always wonder how it would've sounded like with his melodies instead, but I'm fine with a Further Seems Forever like situation as well.

They should've just done that yeeeeears ago though, would've made the wait less of a struggle lol