Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 57

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Here's the just normal, new, acoustic version they put out with new vocal stem that is being used for that remix.

Also, one other remix..

Bartek T. and irthesteve like this.
  2. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

so good

3. Sounds like it's Beau on vocals

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Im so happy he uploaded this.. I cant believe he sings that good and he never even thought of taking over vocals? I love Cove and every one but that was really good!

5. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Yeah I hope Beau and Chris do some harmonies on the new songs, I think their voice would contrast great with Anthony’s.

beachdude likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I’d imagine they just really wanted someone who sounded like anthony, and cove fit that perfectly. but, yeah, we should’ve had more beau backing vocals this whole time.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Man, I forgot how much I loved this band. Been ages since I've listened. Cove was such a good addition to the band. As much as I love Anthony and Circa, I preferred Cove's vocals

zachmacD likes this.
  8. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Saosin has more good Cove songs than Anthony songs, but the best Saosin songs are Anthony songs, though they're mostly all pre-Cove so it's not like we could've known.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It think their last album is absolutely amazing. I return to it a lot more than anything else.

I also think In Search of Solid Ground isn’t as bad as I remember it being when it came out.

10. mescalineeyes

I'm sad to say apart from a few odd songs I don't dig it much.

disambigujason likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

He sounds like Chris Carrabba at some point, wow ;D I noticed his comment on yt that he sang lots of back ups for their records, just it would be too complicated for him to sing while playing the riffy stuff. Completely understandable.

12. jciswhatis

I think Solid Ground has such great rock songs on it. I go back to it so much more than the self titled cove album. That one feels like a lot of radio rock singles but solid ground is such a good balance and Cove sounds so great on it. The first half is the radio rock songs (meh) but the last half is pure bliss IMHO.

13. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah I think with enough of an open mind, ISOSG is a fair bit better than its rep. "On My Own" and "Is This Real?" absolutely rip. There are still some real clunkers, and Cove's lyrics are not a strong point.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cove sucks and the Cove albums suck. That is all.

15. RyanPm40

Unless he did something he needs to be held accountable for, I completely disagree

coleslawed likes this.
  16. onionbubs

Regular

bug album is maybe my lifelong most listened to album under the vague umbrella of "post hardcore" ever but cove as a vocalist has grown off me a lot throughout the last year or so. dude sounds good on that album since howard benson worked w him so much on getting reasonable vocal takes but even on that hes kinda pitchy and its only gotten worse since then, which becomes even more noticable once you realize others have come along going for that exact same vocal style and far exceeded him at it imo. at this point i just jam ghost atlas to get that fix since that dude basically just sounds like a much better cove (smth cove even agrees with lol)

anthony material all rules esp all the translating the name era stuff

17. mescalineeyes

Cove is a fucking awful singer and a barely passable lyricis imo, which is why they eventually ended up splitting.

Him being bad live was a huge point of contention with the Saosin community, the only reason the albums sound as good as they do is because Beau is an amazing audio engineer. Also Chris is on the album more than most people think.

that said the bug album (lol) is fucking incredible in spite of it.

18. RyanPm40

Interesting, I thought Cove sounded great when they played You're Not Alone on Fuel TV. Hard to find live performances otherwise, I'm guessing their live DVD has been edited

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

Does anyone else think Cove and Spencer Chamberlain sound similar on clean vocals? Or am I crazy :-p

Crisp X and mescalineeyes like this.
  20. mescalineeyes

I was like on of the top posters on the SaoBoard for god knows how long, and "cove is bad live" was definitely a thing! haha

21. jciswhatis

Yeah Justin even went off on him after the split saying he chain smoked and could barely sing live anymore. Long live the Saoboard.

beachdude and mescalineeyes like this.
  22. mescalineeyes

that said this whips ass?!?!

(but good god those lyrics ahahahha)

23. mescalineeyes

also the smoking thing is weird, I know a lot of people who are professional Opera singers and they all smoke, *a lot*. I always thought it's weird but hey.

beachdude and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. RyanPm40

Depends on the person. Nate Reuss can hit insane notes as a smoker. For me, it destroyed my falsetto heh.

25. mescalineeyes

I found Justin's post!!!

"We kicked Cove out of the band because his stage performance and vocal performances were on a downward spiral. We didn’t feel he could represent the music that we have recorded well on stage.

We are not on a record label! Virgin (since that’s the label we were on) didnt have anything to do with the firing, they dropped us before it all went down.

We didn’t kick him out because he has long hair or because he doesn’t look like us haha, I have long hair as well.

And the part about Cove being "clean"? This must be a joke. He was the only member of Saosin that smokes cigarettes, religiously. if that’s not mind altering enough for you mormons, I have smoked the devils Lettace (weed) with him tons of times. Oh, drinking with Cove is also fun I must say. I hope none of you judge him for it because it’s his life. Free will. I’m saying this because everyone has their vises and Cove’s not exempt from that list. Either way you can smoke as much as you want for all I care, just as long as your voice sounds great. The problem is that smoking for him is like me warming up for a show by hitting a brick wall with my bare hands."

RyanPm40 likes this.