Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 56

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting livestream I saw the other day with Beau, where he said there was absolutely zero chance Justin would ever be in Saosin again, like really emphatically. The man knows how to burn bridges.

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

What exactly happened? Did he just leave to join The Used or was there more to it? What happened between him and The Used was awful...

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What happened I’m out of the loop?

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The Used kicked him out too, definitely burning bridges left and right

5. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Justin was on the Pure Pleasure pod and he made it seem like Chris and Beau told him that sao was in a good place and he could do both bands. Then as soon as he went on the first tour with the Used they kicked him out. He said he Beau deleted all his parts off of Along the Shadow and that was it. He made it seem like he never saw it coming and has no idea what happened. I know when the end was coming with Cove Justin was very rude on the Sao message boards and blaming Cove for everything and said he was a stoner and so on so maybe just a personality that didn't jive with the other members.

The Used hasn't really said anything but if I remember reading I think they had filed court orders against other previous band members as well so who knows what really happened there.

6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Not taking sides at all in terms of the drama and shenanigans, but the lead tracks on ATS are definitely the most lacking of any Saosin output besides maybe ISOSG.

It's really hard not to listen to TTN and get bummed over how much potential was squandered with this band by drama and conflict.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The Used straight up put a restraining order on Justin.

I’m really curious as to what he’s done that pushed Used to do that and Beau to say zero percent chance Justin rejoins. Being a difficult guy to work with is one thing but this sounds much more serious..

8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I really hope Justin is in a better place after those worrying comments he released when The Used kicked him out.

9. jciswhatis

Quinn Allman their guitarist before Justin also sued them for not paying him royalties and everything after he exited the band.

it looks like the restraining order as expired against Justin per TMZ. And Justin is now saying that they are using it as a way to not pay him.

"but that order expired and the judge just rejected the band's request to make the order permanent ... citing a lack of evidence.

But, the beef isn't over.

Justin is still PISSED ... denying he made real threats, adding the band owes him money and recognition for his contributions to the group.

Shekoski doesn't deny sending text messages threatening he'd hang himself during a show -- but claims he wasn't serious about it and was just venting over the band's treatment toward him.

Justin's attorney Ambrosio Rodriguez says the failed move for a permanent restraining order was nothing more than a ruse to cheat his client out of royalties for the band's album, "The Canyon.""

10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Shitty situation for Justin, and I hope he sought the help he needed. I also hope he reflects on the way he treated Cove while he was in Saosin.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Woof.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is all true and I remember hearing about Quinn complaining about similar things. Very shitty stuff.

Hope Quinn and Justin both get paid but I also agree with the sentiment that Justin should reflect on how he treated Cove.

12. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This might be better than the original...maybe. Such a cool cover.

13. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

let’s just calm down on that.

14. irthesteve

yeah, it's.... ok at best, haha

15. jciswhatis

Just has been doing a Q&A on instagram today and said that his parts were just up and deleted off of Along the Shadow and he can still here gaps in the recording where his parts were. Or they just put in some other echo's in place. Said he still doesn't get it and he only heard maybe two of the tracks totally finished with his parts on it. Also hinting that he is doing a solo project now that he sings on.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So lame. I assume that they deleted his parts so they wouldn't want to pay him but Justin's guitar playing is a huge part of the Sao sound so Shadow definitely suffered IMO.

Still waiting to hear why Justin was kicked out of Sao and The Used..

17. StoJa9

Regular

When you're unceremoniously kicked out of two different bands I think it's easy to see where the problem lies...

18. irthesteve

Yeah, I'm honestly not really interested in the Justin of it all, I'm not owed anything and I don't need to know the reasons

palebluedot likes this.
  19. I'm still confused by that claim. Does this mean Beau rerecorded Justin's parts himself? Some songs already sound busy guitarwise, in a classic Saosin fashion, so I can't imagine more guitar leads over them.

Not saying I don't trust him. I didn't notice any difference in sound, as the songs were already less metal influenced (which I always thought was Justin's doing but who knows).

20. christsizedshoes

Trusted

More signs of life. No idea what the status of the Circa LP is, but I kinda hope Anthony moves forward with this first if it's still in limbo (not likely)

Crisp X, Bartek T., beachdude and 3 others like this.
  21. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I think Sao stuff is almost always in progress - Beau is always talking about it, think its always just about when Anthony can fit it in, but guessing these days he probably has more time to dedicate to it. Circa one seems odd cus I think Anthony said they scrapped a whole album's worth of songs, and on the Patreon podcasts they always say they're working on new music, so its anyone's guess when either albums will see the light of day. I'm wondering with Circa if they're maybe going to wait until after their BSN tour before releasing anything? So they can do that tour, then put out an album and tour that. Not sure how it would all work really.

beachdude likes this.
  22. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah, Anthony said a year or so back that the Circa record will come first, but since they seem to be floundering I'm hoping that's changed.

23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

24. irthesteve

yeah that's really cool

25. palebluedot

I love this. It seems like they added new lyrics, which is pretty cool

beachdude likes this.