Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

New I can Tell is the best christmas present.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I do think getting Cove to contribute some vocal moments on a few songs w/ Anthony would be cool. Always really dug "You're Not Alone" & "Voices." "Finding Home," too. Not interested in a Cove-led song, in spite of my nostalgia for the self-titled, but some tracks w/ both, w/ parts written for his actual range, could be cool.

Pardon the Christian pop reference, lol, but Newsboys put out an album this year called United that featured two eras' singers, & even though I really don't like new Newsboys ("God's Not Dead" & whatnot), I did actually like the melding of the two.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Haha, that was me.

Joe likes this.
  4. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Awesome hopefully it can go up this year. Not sure how quickly that process goes assuming the track is finished and ready to be uploaded. I wonder if Beau owns the rights to I Can Tell and Mookies? Those were released on some compilations but never on anything else

5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Along the Shadow grows on me every time I hear it. Drinking from the fountain seriously fucking slays

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

process is/should be pretty fast, considering they already have a distro account with someone. They could put it up and have it stream-able in a day.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  7. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I Can Tell is def the best song in their catalog, and this is clearly the best version released so far... but the mix still feels kinda off. I'd love for a truly cleaned up version to see an "official" release (whether on LP4 or otherwise), but would settle for a full quality upload of this version failing that.

8. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not surprised by that at all, Circa was always going to move first before a new Saosin record. Sucks the wait is longer than we'd like but hey, on the bright side there's a new Circa record coming.

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Very happy to hear both are in the works. Circa is my favorite band, but new Saosin would be cool, too.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm excited for both.

12. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Plus as busy as Beau gets with producing, to see he has a folder of riffs and ideas started is good to know, gives him plenty of time to get the ideas together before they show em to Anthony, cause usually they show him the ideas and he sings over and they mesh it all together.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this album yesterday and it’s still just so good.

14. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I want some more songs like drinking from the fountain and along the shadow.

They get me so hyped.

15. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Shows tonight/tomorrow tonight are cancelled due to illness.

Hope its just that, and not problems for Anthony :(

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Bummed about tonight. I was going to be there, but I’m worried this is about something Anthony is still dealing with and that sucks to think about.

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Agreed, it seems Anthony has relapsed a few times over recent years. Fingers crossed he gets himself in a better position again for good, not only for himself but his family too.

19. socklord

Trusted

He’s publicly mentioned that he’s relapsed only once. I know your intentions in your post are good, but let’s not assume things when it comes to people struggling with addiction. For all we know about the show’s cancellation, maybe it has nothing to do with him and it’s nobody’s business but their’s tbh

irthesteve likes this.
  20. JamesMichael

I completely agree but I think the previous posts were in relation to this news in November

Anthony Green taking time to “pull [himself] back together” after relapse

21. socklord

Trusted

Sure, there’s a good chance that it is in relation to Anthony, but to say “it seems Anthony has relapsed a few times over recent years” is just flat out wrong and insensitive. In fact, it specifically mentions in the article you shared that, as of September 2018, he was celebrating four years of sobriety. Since then, to our knowledge, he has relapsed just once. To assume he’s relapsed multiple times is, again, insensitive to Anthony and the subject at hand.

irthesteve likes this.
  22. JamesMichael

My post didn’t mean to come across anyway insensitive to Anthony. It was merely a concern as others have expressed. I agree it could be completely be unrelated to him and I hope it is. I didn’t want my initial post to come across the wrong way and I apologise for my badly worded post.

23. atlas

Trusted

i'm very worried about Anthony, he hasn't been on social media in several days. obviously he could be just taking a break but with the vaguely worded cancellation of the shows it feels more serious than that

24. christsizedshoes

Trusted

This, plus Beau posted he and Chris were both doing a behind the scenes thing this weekend in place of one of the shows...