Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Yussssss

2. DesolateEarth

Birb

AOTY 2020 already i don't make the rules.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This record could seriously RIP

4. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Sounds inspired. Me excited.

5. This is the most Saosin riff I've ever heard

trevorshmevor and teebs41 like this.
  6. Philll

Trusted

Is Anthony involved this time round?

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they havn't said but the assumption would be yes

beachdude and Philll like this.
  8. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Someone on Twitter or Instagram was joking with a buddy saying Tillian! but Beau corrected him and said Anthony is "their voice, but I sure do love me some Tilian, especially on Tides of Man."

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Alright I was a little unsure at first since I know Anthony made a statement saying he relapsed and was gonna do some personal stuff but it looks like he's been doing well since then, honestly would be totally down for Cove guesting as well since he's been joining in on some concerts. Would be super super neat.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Could not be more stoked for this. Along The Shadow was so damn good. Can’t wait to see how they sound now they’re back in the groove of writing and working together.

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I don’t remember the last album, so I’ll need to relisten ASAP

12. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I've found myself coming back to ATS a ton more often the past few years than I would've thought when it first dropped and some people were acting like it was a glorified cash grab.

Not as consistently great as TTN, of course, but I love their current sound and can't wait for the new one.

thesollopsist, teebs41 and beachdude like this.
  13. DesolateEarth

Birb

As much as I love TTN, I think this is overall better and more refined than it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

He posted this as well as those two riff ones:

Seems like there's a lot of riffs at the ready, I hope they can get it recorded with Anthony during 2020.

15. 2020 seems more and more likely at this point, and with Beau at the helm again, I can see it being released not too far into that year. Just comes down to Anthony's schedule and of course his health. Circa Survive and Saosin dropping records in the same year would be incredible.

beachdude and SpyKi like this.
  16. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The great thing is Anthony has some of the best fans ever and when he has a bad event we all are pretty much there for him. I never thought we'd get Along The Shadow, let alone anything more.. so i'm stoked.

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I was not expecting this, very cool.

Also ATS is gonna be 4 years old next year? Wow.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Should get Anthony and Cove both doing vocals. Why not

beachdude likes this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’d be down for what Killswitch Engage did on their new album... bring Cove in for one track where they share lead vocals.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cove sucks, would be very bummed if he co-led vocals. One song, sure, but anything more HARD pass.

christsizedshoes and Joe4th like this.
  21. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Cove's voice is decent, but his lyrics are bad and so are his syrupy, radio-ready vocal melodies. Would suck to have another record's worth of quality riffs tainted by that after S/T.

22. sukottokairu

Regular

cove can only really scream nowadays, when he reunited on stage with saosin he didnt even attempt the high notes. :/ gonna have to pass on that idea

23. DesolateEarth

Birb

Cove isnt great live but recorded he is solid.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I will always defend Cove when it comes to recorded material. I prefer him over Anthony when it comes to Saosin but I am sure I'm in the minority on that one.

Along The Shadow was very half killer/half filler for me but I am excited about a new record anyways!

Chcurry182 likes this.
  25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I always thought Cove sounded great on the self titled but mostly bad on ISOSG.

Anthony on TTN is one of my favourite vocal performances ever and his most recent CS and solo albums have been really great too so I'd be very excited for new Saosin with him.