Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Eh, song is only okay for me. His voice is kind of getting grating to me in my older days, I think.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think they are just abandoning the idea of a traditional video and wanted to just have them playing the songs in a room together as a band, keep it simple I suppose

teebs41 likes this.
  3. MegT585

Trusted

Just heard Racing towards a Red light for the first time. Holy crap. So good. So happy I splurged and bought 4th row seats to see them on Taste of Chaos. :hearteyes:

teebs41 likes this.
  4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I've seen a few bands do that now. Plus they can get a few videos done in one day and it's cheap and easy but better than having a lyric video or just a picture or something.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven't heard any of the new songs yet, but someone was saying the new stuff has a Circa sound?

Meh. I'll listen, but I like the two albums with Cove so much more than TTN.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It has a Circa sound in the sense that current day Anthony Green sings vocals, not TTN-aged Anthony, but it's clear that the two bands are different musically. Anthony also sings differently in these two songs from recent Circa

Bartek T. and teebs41 like this.
  7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It's strange to see two identical videos in fact, but as you guys say, it's cheap, easy to do, and better than a picture-video.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. New song rips. Intro and outro get me so hype ha. Great to hear ARod tearing up the kit again.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I prefer music videos that feature the band playing anyway. I like to see how bands portray themselves in a live setting, even if it is a bit staged and sometimes edited inaccurately.

10. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I dig the new song. After hearing both songs I am really stoked for the whole album.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Re-listening to the new song, and it's way better. Really excited now.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

those vocal melodies are just.... not attention grabbing or even good actually wtf. need to listen again on the way home from work.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh yeah? Have you liked their other stuff?

Because I haven't liked anything Saosin until these songs.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still like both songs less than anything on TTN or the selftitled.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i dug a lot of the stuff cove put out but that was years ago.

maybe a different year, different person. i dunno

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

started listening to translating the name for the fuck of it. hs freshman vibes so hard.

17. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I must admit I like The Silver String better than the new song...but that's just on first listen. Maybe it will grow on me.

airik625 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Ah, I love Descensus and Child of the Desert. I see what you mean, but at the same time, I think it was really just studio editing in their earlier stuff. If you watch live videos from the Juturna days, he really struggles with those high notes and often has a growl to them.

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Try and watch for example "Live at Shrine Auditorium", some of his high-notes are just effortless, and it was 2013 I think. Howsoever, I'm in constant love with his singing, so I'll be biased a bit.

The production of the screaming parts on this new Saosin song reminds me of some Emery tunes on the other hand, and I'd also love to hear more of those TSOAF-like, raw, and soaring sounds.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The mixing is a lot like the new Emery record... Which makes sense bc beau mixed it ha

21. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh! I wasn't aware of that and I was totally aiming at the new release with that, which totally makes more sense now - I'll stay proud of that conclusion now haha ;p

22. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Still not that high on the new song after more listens. They seem to have sacrificed some of the melodic element to get that heavier sound.

23. Jesse Atticus

Newbie Supporter

I'm into it all. I'm grateful to hear any new music from these guys.

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Both of these songs are growing on me with every listen.

ramomcferno likes this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I'm gonna be having a post-hardcore month in May with this, Pierce the Veil and Dance Gavin Dance. hahah So far, I'm pretty confident about this release though. Anthony is one of the coolest people in the industry.