Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

No lie I'd probably put Casually Dressed & Deep in Conversation as the perfect post-hardcore album, I fucking adore that album to death.

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely - I think FFAF were probably one of few other bands with a more "metal" approach, but leaning heavily towards "emo" without it borrowing too much from "punk". If that makes any sense haha.

3. It does. Instrumentally, they had more in common with metalcore and the 80's heavy metal bands they were inspired by, than with other scene post-hardcore bands of their era. At least until they started exploring more pop rock vibes, or melodic hardcore on the last albums.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

If we are talking about good post hardcore, a new band everyone should listen to is Gatherers. Their album from this year is in my top 10

5. Liking what I've heard so far, thanks for the rec!

teebs41 likes this.
  6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

They actually supported Iron Madian here in the UK when Casually Dressed came out.

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

YOOOOOOO (check who’s tagged in the photo if you’re unsure what I mean)

8. DesolateEarth

Birb

Cautiously hype.

beachdude likes this.
  9. beachdude

Imagine if Saosin becomes the post-hardcore version of Killswitch Engage... having both their correct and former vocalists active regularly with the band.

10. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

This should be interesting

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

probably just guest vocals if anything. Still would be insane to have cove and anthony on the same song together!

12. beachdude

Oh yeah, absolutely

13. This has to be such an incredible moment for Cove. Making up for the sad way his era ended almost(!) a decade ago.

beachdude and DesolateEarth like this.
  14. @beachdude Your friend's facebook comment made me spit out my drink. BOI indeed.

beachdude likes this.
  15. JamesMichael

I’d be down for an Anthony and Cove album.

This is probably just guest vocals but pretty sweet non the less.

16. JamesMichael

Same! Also massive love for the EPs that came before it. Kiss and Mackup (All Bets Are Off) is such a banger.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. beachdude

Hahaha people are ridiculous. I’m so excited for this potential collab

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. Darth Amory Dec 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2018)
    Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Beau responded to someone asking about re-recorded TTN. It was a video of Chris RECORDING bass for "I Can Tell.." (Funny because that song wasnt even on TTN.) At the beginning of the clip you can hear Coves vocals (So its his version.. Im hoping for a deluxe Anthony AND Cove version..)

Beau said "Vinyl."

Rowan5215, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I saw that, I don’t know what that means lol

20. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I'm gonna asume TTN finally getting pressed to vinyl (Which I will be first in line for..) and I assume maybe some bonus tracks to make it worth it.. like remastered everything and some I Can Tell action goin' on.

JamesMichael, beachdude and teebs41 like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I just checked out Dead American’s new EP and it has some really solid jams on it.

Real happy to see Cove is slowly coming back into the spotlight.

22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I Can Tell is one of their best songs and I've wanted this for years, sweet god

Zac Djamoos and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I love everything about Dead American except the actual lyrics.. I guess i've been so distanced from heavier music for a while maybe I don't see the magic of how they work with the screams or something? but Idk.. I still love his vocals though man. Love when he does the singy parts, as few as they are.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to the lead singer syndrome podcast with cove on it, and he comes across...cringy

25. Now I'm curious, I'm putting it on