Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

TTN has really amateur songwriting all over it imo

flask and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

random but everyone know that harmonic note stuff Beau always throws into some tracks? I wonder how many tracks will have it next time. I dont really know what Im getting at but it made me chuckle when it reared its head again on ATS, so many years later.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Agreed, though I'm a sucker for those basic metal riffs.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the end of lost symphonies always makes me laugh

5. Like the ones you hear at the end of Illusion & Control's prechorus?

6. High school metal band vibes

Your Milkshake likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I still have about as much fun as Ill ever have listening to this band when I listen to Translating the Name (the title track)

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I probably love it mostly bc of nostalgia

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe Id have to listen again

Second Guesses has it all over the place and Count Back From Ten has it in the intro and it sounds exactly like another time they did it on some songs years ago hahaha

edit: anddd on Old Friends too lol

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Secret Meaning of Freedom and Drinking From the Fountain are pretty big jams

11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

wth were they thinking with Old Friends

12. Old Friends is my favorite song for some reason. It's the one that stuck with me the longest. The percussion work makes me think of O Disambiguation. More sludgy vibes on the next record please.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. I remember making a friend listen to it, and him saying that the chorus sounded like Kiss, and I can't unhear it.

14. Oh I see. Beau has such a distinct songwriting style that I was surprised at how much ATS sounded like it could have been released in 2003.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

those super gainy gutiar tones also sounds a ton like post hardcore from 2003 as well.

16. If they want to be old school, they could throw some dissonant chords all over the next album.

O God The Aftermath who?

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this Fountain breakdown. good lord.

18. oldboot

Regular

I always wonder what this kind of music would sound like to someone who's never heard it. Like, the entire TTN EP must sound like a bunch of random riffs to someone who doesn't have the nostalgia attached to it

19. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

I recently introduced a friend to TTN who absolutely loved it

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

now imagine showing someone ST or ISOSG for the first time rn

21. oldboot

Regular

That's awesome haha. It's pretty cool that bands like Saosin can attract new fans even as the popularity of this genre dies a bit!

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

If they do another album I think it will sound a lot better, Beau has gotten a lot better at producing/mixing over the last few years.

23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's exactly what I think, and I still think it's really powerful, though they've topped it with other quality work, it is what it is.

24. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

He always enjoyed the brief Circa Survive track here and there but I showed him this. Next time I saw him he was singing lyrics from it, I think because the songs are so concise and well done they can't help but have an impact.

Desperately want new music

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

hard pressed to find an EP that had more impact on the music scene than TTN

beachdude likes this.