Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin - Along The Shadow (May 20, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

TTN was my favorite thing Saosin did, as well as my favorite thing Anthony Green did. I did like the self-titled album a lot, though.

I generally like this song. Not amazing, but a fun blast from the past.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Song's awesome. Definitely Circa-y which isn't bad, I just love some Anthony

teebs41 and Snewt like this.
  3. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Good song, excited to get more stuff from these guys.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I liked that song.

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Song is up on Apple Music now

6. irthesteve

Music video

7. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

See this is why I love this little music world of ours. I am so excited for this new album. New song sounds really good.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. of course it's gonna sound a little Circa Survive-y it's Anthony on vocals but the tempos and drumming on each project help differentiate the two bands - he screams a lot more on this song too

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That was decent. Didn't hear much circa other than Green being the vocalist for both.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

this song is pretty good, pleasantly surprised...but then again, Anthony is back and i'm rarely disappointed by music he's involved in hehe

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  11. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

I gotta agree with some of the other people in here so far, I'm cautiously optimistic.

12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Damn, I'm reaaally liking the new song. Better than most of the stuff they made with Cove. Probably a bit biased at the moment because I've been obsessed with Juturna lately, so I'm just stoked to hear new stuff from Anthony.

13. Nick Mar 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2016)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I was listening to TTN earlier and I must say I don't think I know a single word of Lost Symphonies but god damn I sing along every time.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

SIREN SIREN

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really have to give the EP a good listen, Seven Years was really the only one I listened to. Last time I remember listening to the whole album was in the 8th grade. Boy do I feel old.

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

TO INSTALL THE NOTION THAT I, DIVIDED BY I

Still fucking love this EP.

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the title track was the best one by far

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the camera in the video keeps peaking out behind the guitarist they kicked out lol

19. irthesteve

On Will Yip's instagram, it sounds like he only produced vocals on the album, not everything.

20. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Also, when I saw them play the other night, Anthony was talking about how he originally thought this album would be out in December. Apparently he was on vacation last summer and listening to The Silver String thinking it was a shame it would be released in the winter, because it sounded like a summer song to him. Then it didn't come out until March...which he now thinks is perfect.

21. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I've always separated Circa-Anthony and Saosin-Anthony based on his yelling/screaming. He didn't do much of it in Circa - he's back at it again here. Like somebody said previously in tis thread - cautiously optimistic about this record.

22. Sophos

Regular

the single is tight as hell

lightning13 likes this.
  23. I'm getting really excited for this album the more I listen to the single

teebs41 and aranea like this.
  24. Deathco_019

Drummer

This song fucking bumps. I've been enjoying it more and more each time I listen.

25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really like the single. I never could get into Translating the Name or any of the Cove albums, so it's cool enjoying something from this band.