Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin – “Racing Toward a Red Light” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. strangeterrain

Regular

The Circa comparisons when "Silver String" came out intrigued me. Obviously Anthony has a very distinct voice, so whatever he sings on is going to sound like his other projects. But "Silver String" reminded me of Circa because of the instruments, not Anthony's voice. The guitars and drums sounded like something Circa would do. (As opposed to this new song, which features more palm-muted riffs and fast, driving drums.) Admittedly, I wasn't the biggest Saosin fan after Anthony, so maybe I have an inaccurate perception of their sound.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

I liked the first one better. I prefer catchy saosin to heavy saosin

3. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I'm with the majority here on the screaming. What a throwback to the first EP

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Love this heavier side of Anthony Green, can't wait to pick up a copy of Along The Shadow.

5. younglikeme

ii // YLM

This song is everything I wanted. I couldn't be more excited for this record.

6. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

All comparisons to TTN and the S/T aside, I think this is great. I can never get myself to like Circa Survive as much as I wish I could, and I always switch to that first Sound of Animals Fighting record to get the aggressiveness I wish some CS songs explored. I'm thinking this record will streamline that process for me.

7. tigereatsapple

that's how I felt about silver string, but I prefer the recording for this song. It sounds like old circa (the singing), which i love, and saosin. This album is going to be great. I think these songs will grow on people like the first circa album. I remember when they (absolutepunk) first reviewed the circa album and the reviewer gave it like a 7 and they gave receiving end of sirens a 9 and later re-reviewed both albums and circa album grew on the review and the listeners, oppose to end of sirens where the album became boring. I believe this album will definitely grow on people.

8. OpenIntro

llama llama

Loved this one live.

9. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Can't stop listening, AG's screams are good to hear again.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. this song is so fucking good

GooberSandwich and teebs41 like this.
  11. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Official Video -

Audio sounds a little better :)

s12sim likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

13. strangeterrain

Regular

Official video sounds much better!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Beau's clips got me all excited for this album and this song came through. I can't wait to hear the rest.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. wheelbarrow

Trusted, Not Rusted.

Always enjoyed this band especially with AG and was never was much of a Circa fan but damn, I love both releases so far. Currently my most anticipated album...

16. Morkypep

This song is so much better than "The Silver String". Now i am quite excited for this record.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Just now getting to listen to this. Excited for the album.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. MikeERayner

Trusted

Definitely dig this more than the silver string. Not that I don't like TSS, but this is rad

19. GooberSandwich

Regular Supporter

Holy poop :poop:I haven't thought of The Sound of Animals Fighting in years. Currently jamming!

And this song rules. I want that heavy Saosin

20. TonyG

Beau's Instagram clips did the same for me. Musically these new songs sound like classic Saosin, along with Anthony Green's vocals its like they never skipped a beat. To me Saosin will always have to have Anthony Green vocals. Not that Cove wasn't good but, I am an Anthony Green fanboy and it just wasn't the same without him.