Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin – “Racing Toward a Red Light” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Love it so glad they're still able to make songs like this.

2. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

For sure. The guitar tones at least feel different from selftitled, and the vocals are nuts. Welcomed change of pace. I can tell I'm going to be a hold out though.

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

2/2 for them so far. This could be my go to "heavy" album for quite some time.

teebs41 and Kyle1130 like this.
  4. CMilliken Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Decided not to listen to it. Happy to see a positive reaction.

EDIT: I caved. I listened. It was worth it.

MikeERayner and teebs41 like this.
  5. sukottokairu

Regular

I love Anthony's screams, that's really the main thing sticking out so far, will have to spend some more time with this song to make any more judgements.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Song doesn't hit me the same the first song did. Still optimistic this will be great.

7. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

The Circa comparisons came just because of Anthony Green. He has an incredibly distinctive voice, and Circa is what he is best known for, so people hear his voice and immediately think "Circa Survive."

Speak of the devil, The Great Golden Baby started playing while I was typing this.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Wow. Feeling nostalgic and at the same time excited about something new. Can't wait for this record.

js977, teebs41 and Christian Romero like this.
  9. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Didn't dig this like the first one, still optimistic about the album though. Love the very distinctly Saosin clean bit near the end.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Kyle1130

Love this song and Silver String. Everyone should buy this full release so hopefully they stay around!!

teebs41 likes this.
  11. SayHello Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2016)
    SayHello

Regular

This album is shaping up to be great. I'm excited.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. TFT87

Regular

I don't think these guys will ever top the S/T. I'm probably one of the few people that prefer Cove's voice and radio-friendly hooks to Green's. The production on that album was also way better. Still looking forward to this though.

Stage Banter likes this.
  13. damn. digging this.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. I really like this song, but kinda know what you mean here. Definitely prefer Cove's melodies as far as this band goes.

15. kevin v

This is a great track.

16. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

This is bangin. Ahhhhhh, I want this so bad.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Dig this far more than Silver String

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Sander

kflkmflkm

This sounds unfinished.

19. This is really good. I love Anthony. Although I think Saosins Self Titled is one of my favorite records ever, I miss Cove

fenway89, teebs41 and Jason Tate like this.
  20. reesy

Missing those signature guitar sounds and riffs from the cove era. Not disappointed, but was hoping for more..

21. DesolateEarth

Birb

Love it. This record is gonna be great!
    The Self-Titled was lightning in a bottle. I don't expect to be blown away by any future release from these guys like I was with that, but it is nice to hear them come out with something as good as this is shaping up to be regardless.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, the S/T was amazing.

Hope this grows on me like the first song. I like this but not blown away. Glad to hear something more like the EP sound than a CS based sound.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Really? The riff ther comes in the second time through during Anthony's singing is absolutely insane. Way more creative and technical than anything on self titled, listen again? There is a sick slide in there while he's playing 16th notes pretty cool imo

24. ^Yep ! This is way more technical than anything from S/T. Am I hearing the same song as you guys ?

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The lead guitar that comes in there is slightly buried and I've only listened to it on headphones where it came out really clear but I could see it being harder to hear on speakers.. I mean there other cool guitar parts than that one, the actual easier sounding riffs are pretty unique too imo. Way less generic than what was on self titled