Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Saosin – “Control and the Urge to Pray” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2016.

1. This is the album's closer / I dig this record so much and this more of an good representation on what this album is like

2. RiseAgainst379

Regular

Only a four piece in the video? I thought someone was filling in for justin? Maybe they just filmed the video that way, and it's not indicative of how they'll tour.

Sonically though, this song has a great sound, and the drums are fucking murder. Doesn't feel like an album closer to me though, much how The Silver String didn't sound like much of an opener. But we'll see the songs in context once the album is released though, wont' we?

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It probably won't be my closer as I will probably be listening to that deluxe version that has 13 tracks ha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. PDPOUTCAST

During their March mini tour, they had Phil Sgrosso of Wovenwar/AILD filling in on rhythm guitar while Beau is now on lead. Phil is also in the live rehearsal music videos but has been edited out. I just saw The Used anniversary tour and Justin looked like he was having so much fun playing in his new band now. Hopefully, we get to hear from him about what went down between him and Saosin.

5. PDPOUTCAST

Yeah the iTunes version is the way to go.

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Wasn't Justin always so picky about Saosin? I thought I had read that he gave Cove a hell of a time about his live performances. Anyways, I was surprised to see him go after what seemed like years of him being the glue that held it all together.

7. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I like it. It's just different enough from the other two that I still don't know what to expect from the album, although it will almost certainly be phenomenal.

8. lolfpcmlol

Regular

I don't like this at all and this is coming from a huge saosin/circa fan. The song just feels flat and uninspired. Their self titled was the best. Great heavy riffs and HUGE hooks. None of these new songs had anything remotely resembling a catchy chorus.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea and explain to me how that is a bad thing? The songs are powerful for sure, second half of the chorus gets me every time.. It's not catchy but it's urgent and emotional.. Music doesn't need to be catchy to be good...

dpatrickguy, GetUpAndrew and Jake Z like this.
  10. TFT87 Apr 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2016)
    TFT87

Regular

Yeah I always say I liked this band way better with Cove. Everyone seems to love Anthony Green because of his voice/lyrics, but he doesn't write the big hooks that this band needs. It's sad because I feel this could have been a S/T pt. 2 had Cove not been kicked out.

11. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Stellar track, both the vocals and the instrumentals are top notch.

12. lolfpcmlol

Regular

What drew me to Saosin's self titled was that aspect and this doesn't have any of it. Even Translating the name had some good hooks. Circa on the other hand, I never expect a chorus to catch on with me because that's generally not what they do, I listen to them for how well the guitars play off of each other and how raw and full of emotion Anthony vocals are.

This just doesn't have aspects that drew me into Saosin in the first place is all I'm saying. It may grow on me once that initially wears off and I give it a more objective listen.

13. Bisrad

First two song didn't hook me. Definitely was looking for a change in direction from the commonalities this band is under the scope for. This song sounds like a new, Saosin. I can dig that

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

So good! 3/3.

15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Thank you! Much appreciated. Song is killer.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i wouldnt have listened if i knew this was the closer. but oh well. still probably my favorite of the three so far. liked that a lot

teebs41 likes this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

The deluxe has two more songs after if it makes you feel any better haha

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

it does

billyboatman likes this.
  19. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoy this song but it reminds of 'Let Go Control' (a bonus track from their S/T) for some reason

20. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Whoever decided to leave off the S/T and Bury Me off ISOSG should never be allowed to make a Saosin decision again. ha

21. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, LGC was insane. Better than a lot of what was actually on the album.

22. ISOSG had some good bsides, especially the ones Tilian later put vocals on.