Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

San Francisco • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Matt, May 12, 2016.

1. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The Fox Theater in Oakland is really rad. Will be a great show, I'm going on Wednesday right now but may go Tuesday also. I'd say check out Golden Gate Park for sure. You can drink in the park legally and it's generally pretty great just to walk around in. It's not near the Golden Gate Bridge, it's south of it in the middle of the city. I'd suggest just doing a massive urban hike around the City. Very walkable and so many cool things to see.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  2. popdisaster00

I'm usually deluded Moderator

Had a dope time in SF last week. Weather was beautiful. Ate good food. Drank good drinks. Walked a lot. Met great people.

muttley and AndrewSoup like this.
  3. domotime2

It's an Albany Expression Prestigious

was there for a week recently. I think it's a city that's best to be lived at and not traveled to if that makes sense? It's a very pretty city, with unique views throughout the city, and there's definitely a little bit of everything within a short driving distance, but it terms of vacation spots, I'd say it was a bit underwhelming. it seems like a city without really an identity and it lacks those big "draws" that i personally enjoy when i go on vacation.

I'm glad I got to go though. I dug parts of Oakland a lot and Berkely.

4. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

Where did you end of goin?

5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

apologies in advance for using this thread to self-promote, but my friend and I are taking our musical projects Benno, VA and Sailboat Thief on a short tour next week and we'll be hitting up (among other places)

Sat May 6 - San Jose (at a house)
    Sun May 7 - San Francisco (at The Honey Hive Gallery)

so if you are free next weekend and would be interested in listening to indie/emo/pop songs of varying emotional valences in a small & intimate space, you should come see us play! feel free to hit me up for the SJ address and event pages

our songs can be checked out here (mine) and here (theirs) and we also have some other, older records on bandcamp

cheers,
    formerly nothingsforeverdude~

6. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

wife and i booked our first SF trip for next October. doing 2 days in the middle of the month in the city and 2 in the big sur area. shoutout any suggestions for places to check out, neighborhoods to airbnb in, food, etc.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

SF/Sausalito was the last place we went to like a week before everything shut down. if you like outdoors/nature i would definitely catch the ferry out to angel island. you can also do the bougie stuff like alcatraz and the piers. we're fortunate enough to stay with my wife's cousin in sausalito. if you can make it out to downtown sausalito i would recommend hitting the shops there. napa valley burger company has some of the best burgers i've had. is this your first time?

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Big Sur area rules. It's a little more south by an hour or so, but the place to see the seals is so cool! Real close to Hurst castle (Vista Point). If you need to sell it, more time on the PCH is a plus!

phaynes12 likes this.