Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Samurai Jack (CN/Adult Swim) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Series is absolutely awesome. The final season itself wrapped everything up so nice.

I own the first 4 on DVD, but will probably pick this up too!

2. Davjs

Trusted

I forgot about this thread, but lol at myself and @Joe for keeping it alive going back and forth for awhile back when the season was airing.

Joe likes this.
  3. Haha I wish more people caught on to this show, especially since the final season was pretty great imo. Hopefully people discover it sometime down the line.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I wonder how it did ratings wise for Adult Swim. I hope it did well enough.

5. Hard to tell with Adult Swim. Rick and Morty does well, obviously, but other than that idk what good ratings are for a show that comes on that late. They might rely more on media sales.

Davjs likes this.
  6. I watched the first season of this as a kid, but never really followed up with the rest. The news of a revival way back when was exciting, but I’d cut the cord by then and just never really got around to it. Watched the full series over the last month, revival season included obviously. There were some bits that felt rushed and a few moments that remind you at the end of the day this is ultimately a show for kids, but overall it was a great season that went above and beyond what I’d wished this show was when I was younger. Even watching the older seasons, I’m kind of astonished at how good the animation got. Way better than the Dexter’s Lab re-skin of season 1 haha. Really glad this is on HBO Max so I could finally see the end of this story! Gonna start Primal soon.

soggytime and Rowan5215 like this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I still think the first 3 episodes of the last season are a literal masterclass in storytelling, absolutely stunning from front to back

then the rest of the season... it was still really good but just couldn't live up, the tone lightening felt kinda forced like someone (wrongly) told them those first episodes were too dark