Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Samurai Jack (CN/Adult Swim) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Joe Jul 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2017)
    Could have sworn there was a thread for this. Loved this when I was a kid. Excited for its return.

Premieres March 11 at 11:30pm

From Wikipedia

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Really, really excited that this is coming back. I haven't seen the show in years and I'm looking forward to when I do my eventual rewatch (closer to whenever the new stuff is coming out, whenever they announce a date).

Joe likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Joe likes this.
  4. Sweet! Can't wait for this.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Date announced so it's time to start rewatching it

6. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I wonder if we're going to see a trailer before the first episode of season 5.

7. Davjs

Trusted

Can't wait! Was so disappointed that the last episode was titled Jack vs Aku and it was just another episode where they fight and Aku runs away. Hopefully this has an actual conclusion.

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

9. zsoty27

And another one:

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's been 50 years since we saw Samurai Jack and time has not been kind to him. Aku has destroyed every time portal and Jack has stopped aging, a side effect of time travel. It seems he is cursed to just roam the land for all eternity

11. Davjs

Trusted

Oh. I'm sure it will still be great, but the 50 year jump seems kind of a bad move.

12. Cannot wait!

13. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Looks amazing

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

50 years?! Poor Jack. Cannot wait for this though

15. zsoty27

Well that first episode was awesome, can't wait for the others. What do you guys think?

16. Shit, I need to speed-watch the original series before starting this. I'll jump back in here soon, hopefully!

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I'm assuming I need to watch the old stuff before getting into the new season, yeah?

18. Davjs

Trusted

If time is an issue, just the first 3 eps and you get the storyline. But the whole series is fun if you can manage it.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I finally got around to it, man did I miss and love the art style in this show. Had a lot of great moments.

I did not expect that comical opening with Aku lol. Also do you think Jack was shocked when he killed that lady because he thought she was a robot and not a person, or because he was stabbed?

20. zsoty27

Definetely because he thought she was a robot.

21. Davjs

Trusted

That'd be a cool thing to explore, if it hurts his mental well being worse than it already appears it is. Any idea how many eps are in this season? I heard it'll have a definite ending but this first episode opened up so much to explore, I hope they don't rush it.

22. Ok finished the original series, and now I'm caught up on this. Wow, just fucking wow. Ep2 was incredible. Jack contemplating suicide (seppuku?) and that whole sequence with the seven assassins was intense and some of the best stuff (if not the best) this show has ever done. Ep3 was fantastic as well. If the rest of the season can maintain this level of quality, this could easily end up being one of my favorite seasons of tv this year.

23. 10 episodes. I feel like I read or heard that this season will end the story, but I can't remember where I heard that.

Davjs likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Finished ep 2 and yeah, the fight was pretty great. The flash backs to where he was a kid was pretty great too. I like where they are going with this and giving him more character.

You were right!