Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

The chubs some of you are getting from this is a little unsettling.

2. Schooner

Trusted

I think it's more than as a neutral/it's your phone who cares what you use person, I think the people with Apple are more laughing because of the comments on an apple article from Samsung users are pretty much just "ugh our phone did that 4yrs ago you sheep blah blah" and now it's their turn to mock

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Apple and Android stans both mock and drag each other any time an article is posted about either one no matter what it's about. It's weird lol like who cares what phone someone uses as long as they like it. I'll never get it

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

It's the only time middle class people can feel like they have the best of something. The middle class will never be able to afford the best car or the best house so I can see why a lot of people take pride in having the newest Samsung or iPhone. At around $750, it's the cheapest best thing a lot of people can afford. Definitely not saying that's how Apple/android fans feel here specifically but I saw a lot of that working at a Sprint store in a bad neighborhood.

Kiana and Schooner like this.
  5. BelieF

Regular

I have an s5 and would switch to an iPhone se purely based off the size since I love small phones. That being said on my s5 I get spotify for free, ir blaster to control my tvs/cable/dvr, and free hotspot service to name the essentials.

6. fearlessdrummer

Yeah, it's too bad. Can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever owned as well. Apple's got a bit catching up to do with the IPhone 7.

7. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Agreed. My previous phone was the M8 and it was fantastic, but when I told anyone I had an one I usually got an eyeroll! haha

8. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I thought I read that there wouldn't be too much updating with the iPhone 7? Maybe I'm just confusing things. Hard to keep up sometimes.

9. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

valid points here. I like the iPhone mostly because I'm lazy when it comes to technology. I don't want to customize things, I don't want to worry about where my music is, I don't want to play with text presets, and whatever else. I like that I can basically take the phone out of the box, transfer everything out my cloud, and on my way I go. I like things to be simple, and I've always found that simplicity with Apple. When I switched over to android for a year, I was overwhelmed and uncomfortable, lol!

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

lmao what a pos

11. Hunter Norman

Regular

I can't reiterate enough, as someone who has owned both an iPhone and a samsung device for the past 6+ years, I've had issues all over. Everyone has a preference. Both companies build amazing products with great products and features. That can't be denied. My note 7 is the best phone I've had yet, and no explosions thus far, but some people have had them and Samsung is taking it well and doing right by the customers. I love tech, as do many people, and I'm not going to go down with the ship for any one product or company, but the "fanboy" business from both sides is equally frustrating and amusing.

Fucking Dustin and Kiana like this.
  12. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Note 7 is the best phone I've ever owned hands down. Haven't had a single issue, phone isn't even hot during fast charge. Most of the speculation on this is that people are using third-party chargers with a micro-USB to USB-C adapter or something of the sort. I'll wait and swap if Verizon lets me do it in store, not planning to go what could be a few weeks without a phone.