Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Safer Scenes Raising Money to Go on Warped Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Safer Scenes have launched a GoFundMe to head out on Warped Tour:

Sexual violence at music festivals is all too common. While this issue is getting increased media attention, there are still far too few resources for people who want to do something about it. In my work with music festivals looking to address this issue, I’ve seen a keen interest from the public, but a lack of concrete help available to them. I’m proud to have been part of a cultural shift and an educational revolution on the issue of safety at shows. Now it’s time to take the campaign across America.

I’m so excited that the amazing band War On Women has invited me to come along with them on Vans Warped Tour this summer! Together with Hollaback! Baltimore we are creating a Safer Scenes booth to be at every single one of the 41 dates of the summer 2017 season.

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Would anyone be able to clarify if any of the money donated will go towards any sort of revenue for Warped? I see it only mentions travel, booths, etc, so that's good. But I wanted to make sure none of it will actually go towards the tour itself. I swore off supporting this tour years ago and would like to keep that promise.

AelNire likes this.
  3. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Usually you have to pay for a booth to be apart of the tour unless everyone's favorite guy Mr Lyman is giving them a break