Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Safe To Say - Down In The Dark (July 22, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Ace Enders released an album called HIRAETH last year

teebs41 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yes i know that, that's what i said
    also an album by shy, low

3. Uh, sorry I guess? Haha all you asked was if there was something else called Hiraeth. Never saw you mention the Ace album.

4. Just downloaded my copy from SideOneDummy, this is pretty nitpicky but I'm super bummed that the transition between Tangerine and Gone To Ground is not seamless. Was hoping that was just due to the rip and that a legit version of the album wouldn't have that dumb pause in the middle.

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Need to spend more time with it. Only listened once. Last track doesnt blow me away like I hoped it would sadly. But its good. Can't wait to spend more time with it.

6. Mclusky30

Slip is amazing.

7. Awksome

Regular

My favorites are probably Ultra Blue, Tangerine and Hiraeth.

8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

This album is tight. Thinking of picking it up on vinyl when I see them in December.

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i rly gotta listen to this album

DejaMoi likes this.
  10. trevorshmevor Oct 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2017)
    Can't remember what other thread I said this in, but this album was really done a disservice being released in the middle of the summer haha. Got my vinyl in the mail a little bit back, hopefully it'll get a lot more plays from me as it continues to cool down outside. Some really great tracks on this thing.

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah much more of a fall album. One of the best of the year IMO well I have it in my top 10.

12. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

There is a lot of solid song writing on this album.
    Excited to dig deeper into this and really excited to see what they do next. Imagine it will be a major step up.

Also. Are there two vocalists ?

DejaMoi likes this.
  13. Just one!

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Cant wait to see them in December.

15. Transient_Hymn

Who is singing the first part of afterglow.
    It sounds like a completely different "worse :(" singer. Ha

16. sounds like the same guy to me?

17. Transient_Hymn

Hmm. Maybe I'm crazy. Ha
    Everytime it comes on I'm like "wtf who was that"

18. Anybody in here heard of City Of Trees? They put out this cool EP in 2010 but never went any further. Randomly revisited it last night and remembered how much I used to enjoy listening to it. Anyway, figured I'd post it in here because I feel most Safe To Say fans would like this too (and it's a pay what you want download!)

Introspection, by City of Trees

DejaMoi likes this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Will give that a listen. I'm definitely digging Down in the dark. Quite stoked to see them in a week with Citizen. Will be a great show!

My rec to Safe to Say fans would be their label mates Heavy Hearts. (New Damage Records in Canada).

They released their debut album this year called Bliss but I also recommend the 3 ep's they have on their bandcamp. I like everything they have put out so far and they seem like really nice dudes.

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Brad from STS side project:

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Down in the Dark rules. Definitely a good sign that I keep going back to it. Worthy addition to my vinyl collection.

22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

@redwing91007 post your thoughts on the record in here when you get a chance to listen to it. Hope you find something to like about it. Personally i think its a grower and its had staying power which is a nice surprise.

redwing91007 likes this.
  23. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I'm about halfway through and I'm enjoying it. It's not necessarily pulling me in like some records do but it's good, I agree it's going to be a grower.

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah its not perfect but I certainly think its a big step up from their debut album. Huge improvement and perfect continuation from the EP they released in 2015.

redwing91007 likes this.
  25. Collins

Trusted

this is really good. slip jams

kinda reminds me of seahaven at times too

DejaMoi likes this.