Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Will not stand for Mayday Parade hate! Respect your elders!

fbrrocks, ccsc918, crash53456 and 7 others like this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Mayday is a classic middle school emo band, even if they just played 'Jamie' 22 times I'd still jump in that pit.

Pepetito and blinxspot like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout Mar 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Some other thoughts I have:
    -I really don't think this will have any of those big bands like P!ATD or FOB.
    -I think it's clear that the Maine is putting this together (I thought I saw some tweet saying that, and it says powered by 8123 media.) I think they'll be the headliner or co-headliner because they have the legacy and current momentum at the same time. I do feel like they have the most hype behind them right now out of any of these bands except maybe State Champs. As others have said TWY plateaued a while ago, and Mayday is only pulling for nostalgia, not for new music.
    -I'm still very curious about how this will all be set up, and where they are going to be having this.
    -I really hope Chicago is on a Saturday so I don't have to even worry, but I will be making it out regardless.

meggers likes this.
  4. Shelly

lol, they are my 2nd most seen band at 45 gonna have to make it to 59 with this tour

5. Shelly

Also other music news sites got a “press release”

6. Mayday Parade is what would happen if All Time Low made SWIR 3 times BEFORE experimenting with their sound

7. Shelly

8. Shelly

I’m hoping it just means they play a 2nd stage, of course I almost just saw sio Friday and could have seen if they mentioned any thing about coming back. People said sc said they were but I only heard our last night say that when I saw them Thursday and a headline tour.

9. cameoutswingin

Regular

I wouldn't count on a second stage at all. If its those 7 core bands plus one special guest at each date, that is totally doable on one. Didn't summer slaughter and the all stars tour used to have like 10 bands per day? And if that Maine/Mayday leaked date at pier 17 in NYC is part of this as we think, then some of these venues wont be able to accommodate a second stage anyway. It would be cool of course but I wouldn't expect it

10. cameoutswingin

Regular

I wouldn't count on a second stage at all. If its those 7 core bands plus one special guest at each date, that is totally doable on one. Didn't summer slaughter and the all stars tour used to have like 10 bands per day? And if that Maine/Mayday leaked date at pier 17 in NYC is part of this as we think, then some of these venues wont be able to accommodate a second stage anyway. Not to mention it would be a huge expense if they were going to tour with (a) stage(s). It would be cool of course but I wouldn't expect it.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'd love if there was not a second stage because I literally want to see all of the bands that have been mentioned

blinxspot and ryanfears like this.
  12. Shelly Mar 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2019)
    Shelly

I just went to 8123 and it had just a few more bands and had 2 stages

With that said I will not like this tour as much as I could when it’s all said and done bc I’ll have to miss being front row bc I can’t not be front row for sio and every avenue and then I’ll be in the back for everyone on Main(e) stage. it would at least be better than not having them at all, so maybe special guests will magically be gone when the site is live again and it won’t matter

Also I think it’s 90% a possibility that VIP will start tomorrow and ga will be Friday.

13. I heard doors were pretty early so assuming this ends at a normal time, it doesn't seem too far fetched to do it all on one stage. Assuming each headliner plays about 45-60 minutes it's definitely doable.

14. Petition to rename this thread "Warped Tour Part 2: Electric Boogaloo"

15. meggers

Trusted

Shelly, rbarlyo, blinxspot and 2 others like this.
  16. emojedi

Trusted

17. Aloop

I was actually at both of those concerts! State Champs said they’d be back this summer, and Set It Off gave a very vague we can’t wait to be back which I don’t think really means anything.

Shelly likes this.
  18. bkaeser93

Trusted

I feel like there will be more bands on the lineup then the ones that have already teased the video and it will be two stages. Was it their rumor with Neck Deep and State Champs touring together? I can see them being on this.

Shelly likes this.
  19. rbarlyo

wawa defender

They should have it at the Factory Part 2: Electric Boogaloo in Philly

Aloop and pauljgreco like this.
  20. meggers

Trusted

Full lineup and dates tomorrow at 9 am PST.

estacey99 likes this.
  21. Shelly

I’ve heard fans saying neck deep a lot, not sure if their is an actual reason or just people hoping

22. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I can see them being on a few dates.

23. Shelly

Look!!!

Attached Files:

rbarlyo likes this.
  24. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

there's also a few more logos for companies on the bottom of the site. i can't attach a pic right now, but hopefully someone can