Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. DonnyFTW

Regular

I hope so too. I’ve been going to Warped since ‘05 so when I go to AC this year I’ll be at 15 years as well so it’d be nice if this replaced it so I can have a new tradition.

2. Shelly

Yea I bought a ticket during presage for ac, but I’ll probably be bailing not bc of this, but money for hotel/flight and my sisters due date is 6/27, and with a 4 & 2 year old also I’ll have to watch them unless it happens early and I can then find a flight/hotel, but I just got SUPER lucky to fly to 8123 fest bc my flight 6 days before it ended up being $70 after it had been 400-500 a week before it. So my luck has most likely run out

red8ge likes this.
  3. DonnyFTW

Regular

I’m fortunate. It’s about a 7 hour drive for me so I don’t have to fly. Hotels we’re expensive but We decided to stay about 1 hour outside of AC, about 20 mins from Philly in a condo for like $50 a day so we’re considering that a win.

4. I wonder if this will actually sell out in places

5. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m curious on if there will be one band closing every night or if they are going to rotate. Also curious about how long sets will be like if the bigger bands will play longer then the smaller bands.

6. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I'd be willing to bet that The Maine, Mayday Parade, TWY, and State Champs all rotate when they play. They all seem on equal grounds as far as draw/popularity goes, maybe give or take some.

7. emojedi

Trusted

i'd say at this point in time The Maine are by far the biggest of those bands. i kinda think that every day with will have a special headliner tho.

8. rbarlyo

wawa defender

I feel like those four will be the headliners but I wouldn't see Champs ever being after TWY or the Maine

9. Shelly

The site listed Maine mayday then state champs, but not sure that matters. If I knew if this was more of a the Maine/8123 created thing, or maybe a alt press thing, because knowing that would help answer that. The address to the email list was the 8123 store in Phoenix, so if the Maine is doing this and it’s like 8123 fest then they would have 2 stages, but I’m not sure.
    I just think it’s very random that this and 8123 fest exists because they seem like the same thing, so since they are separate then the ground won’t be decorated like it was for the fest and it would be more like a tour that just happens to be outside.

Idk anymore the timing is weird though since it is starting this year, the year after warped ended. Maybe it’s coincidental. If it’s like Bamboozle Roadshow was, then it would still be 2 stages and still could be the same venues as most of warped.
    Some tour leak people were hinting at bands WAY larger than any of the bands on the site and would sell out super fast if it were only them playing alone so I believe those are mostly wrong. Ex. PATD

10. bkaeser93

Trusted

I maybe out of touch but State Champs isn’t the biggest band here? From what I hear their headliner is doing extremely well better then The Wonder Years and Mayday’s last headliners and they all played similar sized venues.

11. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It's a bit unfair cause TWY's last tour was all B-Markets in the holiday season, but I'd say they're definitely bigger than State Champs just by virtue of chart success & occasional radio play.

On their last shows in my city--
    -TWY played a 1500 cap venue (Last Fall)
    -Mayday Parade also played that 1500 venue (Last Fall)
    -The Maine played a 1800 cap venue (Spring 2017)
    -State Champs played a 500 cap venue (Last Fall)

Ik State Champs play 1000-2000 capacity Houses Of Blues on most tours, but that's only with big support lineup. They played dive bars basically on their fall tour with Homesafe.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

All four of those bands are basically the same size.

red8ge and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  13. That SC tour was an underplay. Also, SC has that Alternative Press appeal, a younger crowd than TWY has. Sure they sell out the same venues in A markets but TWY has plateaued (same venues on the last 3 album cycles) whereas State Champs is growing more quickly.

14. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'm not saying you're wrong, but having an AP appeal isn't really a good thing. By virtue of being a polished pop punk band, they'll never "fit in" to the larger alternative scene like TWY were able to.

Plus, you can't say it was an undersell when it didn't sell out.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  15. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I've seen all 4 of those bands 5+ times each in the last year (some more) and from what I've experienced Champs gets the most people out to headlining sets, Mayday gets the most people to festival sets by a LONG SHOT.

All 4 bands are big and this tour will draw well or sell out every single date, but given the festival environment, I think the smartest move would be to have Mayday close every night. People would stick around, even just for the ALIR songs.

16. SPine

Trusted

Maybe it's just me never getting into them but I'm surprised Mayday Parade still draws as much as they do.

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They would probably all just rotate. I don’t think this will appeal to a lot of TWYs fan base though, they’re the outlier here

18. Joshua

Regular

There seems to be some crossover with the wonder years fans I've met. Some are into the indie-like bands like mom Jean's, some are pop punk die hards and like state champs, and some of them jumped into this scene in 2009 when bands like the Maine and mayday parade were coming up. I know a few wonder years fans that would be hyped for this. This lineup has a lot to unpack for a few different demographics and I imagine we're gonna see a lot of people in their early to mid 20's going to this

19. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Hello early 20s here and this lineup is amazing.

tyler2tall likes this.
  20. TDenverFan

Regular

Curious to see the announcement tomorrow. Do we know if it's trying to be like a mini warped with multiple stages and whatnot, or if it's just gonna be one stage all day?

21. Mayday closing would be great cause I can leave early

22. emojedi

Trusted

I think this is going to be very similar to the Bamboozle Roadshow.

23. darkstorms139

Regular

I definitely feel like The Maine and Mayday will close every night, both having hour long sets I would assume. Champs and TWY would play before them with 45 minute sets, would make sense.

Pepetito likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is honestly so funny, and something I've never thought about. Anytime they post those "omg what is this band up to" they obviously already know exactly. They are literally a sponsor on the website lol

prtyscenes likes this.
  25. rbarlyo

wawa defender

rt

ryanfears likes this.