Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 36

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. meggers

Trusted

There’s only 4 indoors shows: Atlanta, Minneapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee.

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

I wish Pittsburgh was indoors. Still ringing out my clothes

3. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Really? I assumed the Maine and mayday are drawing most fans

4. Joshua

Regular

At both dates I went to, state champs had the most active crowds, and mayday had the largest ones

5. TDenverFan

Regular

This is obviously just anecdotal, but it SC had the biggest lines at their merch tent by a mile. Mayday might have more casual type fans there (More people know the words to Jersey or Jamie All Over than Elevated or Secrets), but State Champs had more people going big for them.

6. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Wasn't Derek there meeting fans during the day though? At least I think he was in Philly.

7. TDenverFan

Regular

I think he went to their table after their set in Baltimore, but I don't believe he was there before then. Not really sure, I got my merch during the early part of the day, Derek wasn't there, but SC had the biggest line.

8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

People were def there for SC but really turned up for MP

9. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

I feel like Champs are the main attraction, and Mayday and The Maine are nice tacked on additions for most. Like the tour would probably not do as well if Champs were replaced by another pop punk nostalgia band in the same vein as Mayday.

10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Set times for today’s michigan show would be greatly appreciated if anyone gets them

11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Going today! Knock on wood but it looks like it's just going to be overcast today, with all of the major storms getting pushed away, so take that as you will! Really looking forward to this!

12. emojedi

Trusted

98979F56-F95E-40E4-8ECF-BAD118B6CADE.jpeg

Pepetito likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Still jealous Michigan gets Every Avenue, but I had such a great time yesterday. This really felt like a small scale festival with all the tents and the photo spots. And the bands really all made it sound like there are plans to do this again next year

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah wish I got every avenue...should record bro

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yesterday was a blast for sure

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

Today was awesome. The Maine put on the best set I've ever seen from them, State Champs were fantastic, and The Wonder Years were their usual, great self. I left before Mayday because it started raining, but the rest of the main acts were really sick.

Also, Derek from State Champs came out and did a guest spot during Last Night Saved My Life's set, which was very sick.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

ALSO The Crofoot booth had The Wonder Years trivia (they had sections for all four main headliners), but I picked that, got all three questions right, and won a pair of tickets to Less Than Jake this fall!

18. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Back from michigan show. First time seeing the Maine and holy fuck they blew my mind. Just terrific. Saw mayday in a downpour which made it crazy. They were good but the Maine stole the show.

emojedi and meggers like this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think Mayday/Champs probably had the bigger crowds in Cbus but The Maine absolutely stole the show

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

State Champs got the biggest reaction in Michigan, but people popped the fuck off for The Maine like I've never seen before.

21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Those new Maine songs hit hard. So much fun in a live setting

22. fluffyjdawg

Regular

Damn, I'm so glad I went to this! Truthfully the only reason I attended was to support my boys in Last Night Saved My Life. However this ended up being one of my favorite music festivals ever! The Maine really did steal the show even though I only knew the couple songs they played off of American Candy. And seeing Mayday at night in a down pour was truly unforgettable. I was a bit bummed by The Wonder Years (my favorite band) set list, but after the perfect set they played at Bled Fest, I am not too upset haha. And I'm not really even a State Champs fan, but they were a lot of fun. Props to Derek for taking to time to perform with LNSML too.

23. emojedi

Trusted

went to the Michigan date and loved this a lot more than Disrupt. Hope this continues next year.

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

Agreed, this was a much better experience than Disrupt. If Disrupt had had the same setup (all GA in parking lots, as opposed to giant tiered amphitheaters), with a lot more social media presence and marketing, I feel like it would have done a lot better.

Cgarnsay and estacey99 like this.
  25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Had the same thought of "wow, imagine if Disrupt had done exactly this" while I was at my date.

theasteriskera likes this.