Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 35

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Motion City
    TSSF
    The Maine
    Turnover
    Movements
    Cartel
    Hit The Lights
    Driver Friendly

2. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Driver Friendly :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Maybevictor likes this.
  3. crash53456

Regular

We The Kings (Members of them and We are the In Crowd we’re at the Orlando date)
    Real Friends
    Knuckle Puck

I could 100% see those bands on it next year

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We the kings gotta scope out their new touring plans since warped nostalgia is no longer an option

Cgarnsay likes this.
  5. crash53456

Regular

Yup! Which is why I think they’ll hop on this

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Sleep on it is a decent new band

7. fluffyjdawg

Regular

Anyone attending Michigan's date on Sunday should check out this band on the local stage in the Pike Room:

Cgarnsay and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  8. Ben16795

Can attest to last night saved my life being awesome. So good live and they usually play some fun covers

9. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have some intel on set times for Michigan's date?

emojedi likes this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Would highly recommend people attending the Michigan date to check out Former Critics, Signature Mistakes, and Last Night Saved My Life.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  11. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Anyone need a ticket to Anaheim or Denver? Can't make the trip after all so I gotta let them go

12. Betting on next year's headliners being Movements, Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck and Real Friends. Support could be like Hot Mulligan, Eat Your Heart Out and Bearings.

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Don’t wish that evil upon us please

JaytotheGee and tyler2tall like this.
  14. Joshua

Regular

The all time low predictions seem to pretty come from the fact that if the Maine and mayday parade don't play next year, they need to grab a band or 2 that can grab that late 20's demographic to show up. All the newer pop punk bands draw well, but if it's entirely just those kind of bands attendance will be down next year. If it's all newer pop punk bands and the headliners are something like neck deep or the story so far they're gonna be playing to the same amount of people they would play to on their own headliners, and take a pay cut in the process

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  15. TDenverFan

Regular

I'm not sure tbh, most of the crowd seemed to be for State Champs. I think they were the biggest draw by far

lindsaylove081 likes this.
  16. Joshua

Regular

State champs is for sure the biggest band on this tour, but I still think they need to continue to grab the audience that were there to see the Maine and mayday parade. If it's all newer bands next year I'm sure it'll still get like 2-3k per date, but they still need to get the people in that are going for "nostalgia" if they want to maintain/exceed the attendance numbers they're getting this year. I said aar before but it might be better for them to grab bands like simple plan or we the kings, even if that's not what I want lol

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don't see an absolute need for older nostalgia bands since State Champs seems to be the big draw this year. Even though I love The Maine/Mayday they aren't huge draws anymore.

TSSF and/or Neck Deep taking the State Champs spot would draw even more than this year's tour if you added any combination of Real Friends/ Knucklepuck/ Movements /TWY etc below them. Only nostalgia band I could see possibly doing this would be We The Kings because that band wouldn't exist without nostalgia tours lol Maybe FYS doing full tour since they have seemed to do well latching on to the new pop punk crowd. But bands like ATL, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte etc. are probably not going to settle for a tour like this when they could easily do their own headliner and make more without being outside in the heat all summer.

My ideal lineup

Story So Far
    Real Friends
    Knucklepuck
    FYS
    Grayscale
    With Confidence
    Eat Your Heart Out
    Jetty Bones

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn TWY only get 35 mins today? Is that normal?

19. btr

Trusted Supporter

They got 35 yesterday as well. Dan looked like he was about to pass out from the heat multiple times. I feel like they may have requested 10 less minutes because 35 is their new standard.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Maine is definitely still a big draw lol but I agree with your overall point

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone have the schedule for today? I can’t find it anywhere

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

How many dates so far have been outdoors? It seems like there are more than I expected, cause mine is just in a 3000 Cap Club.

23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Where was it indoors? I thought, outside of like one or two (Atlanta is the only one that comes to mind) that they were all outside.

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Dallas was an indoor venue (3,000ish cap) that got announced as an outdoor show in the parking lot (kind of bait and switch honestly)

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Myth in Minneapolis (Well, technically Maplewood) is indoors, which is my date next Thursday.