Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 34

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. meggers

Trusted

They posted on their instastories that if you order a preorder bundle today on their website with the code sadsummer you’ll get 10% off. I’m assuming that’s what it is.

2. Emokid79

Regular

I just want TWY and Mayday to play back to back in Columbus. And I'll be happy.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. Emokid79

Regular

There is no shade at the Columbus venue. :(

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I really hope they keep featuring these pop rock “ghost of warped past” bands like Mayday in future versions because even though I don’t listen to a ton of that anymore seeing mayday play in a a parking lot reminded me of how much fun I had at fests like this.

A longer every avenue run, a summer set reunion, NFG, a William Beckett set of some sort, etc. gimme stuff in that vein instead of newer pop-punk bands that are the flavor of the week at alt press.

5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Every Avenue, The Summer Set, HelloGoodbye, maybe Cartel...Hit The Lights?

Maybevictor likes this.
  6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Also cool to see them take DIY bands out for support - would love to see Oso Oso / Strange Ranger / Kissi / retirement party / Ratboys / P daddy and that whole group of bands rotating as support in the Mom Jeans / Just Friends slot.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Not a single one of those bands regularly draws enough fans for them to be billed anywhere but like the 3 p.m. slot of this tour.

8. Localman

Regular

Could see broadside, microwave, homesafe and this wild life being good fits if they do it again.

emlantzy likes this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think almost all of these bands could fill the nostalgic 5pm slot that FTSK occupied on a rotating basis / across different dates. Besides Hit The lights (and hellogoodbye in bursts), none of these bands have been active on a regular basis and in a festival setting like this I think they’d draw more than usual (not that we know what that draw would be given the scarcity of shows)

Pepetito likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

All-American Rejects
    Good Charlotte
    The Story So Far
    Sleeping With Sirens

This is the sort of vein of bands I'm expecting them to have next year. Maybe All Time Low if the festival has enough growth by then.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

One day Modern Baseball will be on this

ItsAndrew likes this.
  12. Joshua

Regular

Feel like movements has to be one of the headliners next year, especially with the new album on the horizon. Grayscale is also seeing a lot of substantial growth, so I could see them floating in an early headlining spot for this after their new album drops too. I think these 2 bands pretty much will get the wonder years treatment on the tour, sometimes getting a 35 minute set and play around 5-6 with exceptions being hometown areas, except they'll probably play the whole thing next year. The story so far and all american rejects are 2 bands I could see consistently swapping the later spots on this fest, both are bigger than the current headliners but I think both have something to gain from doing a tour like this especially if it grows next year. Give me eat your heart out, bearings, yours truly and trash boat as support bands and that's a pretty solid day that almost matches this year's lineup

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

AAR have like 4 massive radio hits that could coast them to mid tier venues, I really don’t see them playing something like this.

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don't see AAR or Good Charlotte doing something like this. Also all those pop rock bands that don't really tour heavily anymore don't really make sense for a full tour considering they can't even draw much of a crowd on a tour by themselves besides Hellogoodbye. The new wave of pop punk like Real Friends, Neck Deep, Knuclepuck, Movements, Grayscale, etc. makes much more financial sense. I think making this tour bigger may cause it to fail like Disrupt so the mid size venues and smaller bands makes more sense.

tyramail likes this.
  15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Again, I think it’s hard to speculate on the demand for reunion / dormant bands - if next year had The Maine + a rocket to the moon kids would come out in droves (relative to the size of the tour, anyways)

16. TDenverFan

Regular

We also still don't really have confirmation that it'll happen again

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It seems they are doing pretty good so far so fingers crossed

18. Joshua

Regular

Wording from all the headliners at these shows seems like they're happy enough with it this year to atleast bring it back next year

Jusscali likes this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Totally okay with that. I can dream.

Maybevictor likes this.
  20. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Relient K and hopefully reunited Fireworks.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Bands like All Time Low and The All-American Rejects wouldn’t play this. All Time Low plays these venues (at least the Aragon in Chicago) on their own tour so playing for less and probably taking a pay cut would be dumb. The All-American Rejects are bigger than the types of bands this festival targets and I think they could do just as well on their own headliner. Could they play venues of this size? I doubt it but they could do a step or two down and do their own tour that does really well.

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Just give me HTL or Cartel next time and I’d be okay. Maybe MCS? The spill canvas?

23. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

AAR played the eame venue in my town that this tour is hitting on their last headliner.

Anyways, this does feel like the type of festival that does have rooom to grow and experimenting with different sizes of bands & venues could gain it more "mainstream" success. Because I don't think rolling with the same new-age pop punk bands and late-00's emo acts will be sustainable imo.

24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I mean, the date in my city's tickets were only $36. That's a little less than Warped Tour, but also with significantly less bands. They could afford to boost the price a little bit if they got bigger acts onboard which would get more people in the door. Getting all the bands people wished Warped Tour was still big enough to book would go over incredibly well I think. It seems like $42-45 to see a scene giant and a few smaller bands would be both more successful and profitable than Warped. Cause it would be like $10 lower upfront cost with 50 less bands booked.

25. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

All of these would be awesome.