Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 28

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

Because changeovers are a thing and the “headliners” rotate every night

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I just saw the hotelier change to the starting line in less than 5 minutes last weekend. It’s ridiculous how long bands take the change over.

btr likes this.
  4. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I know this has nothing to do with this tour, but it looks like the guys in Go Radio are getting back together. Just posted for the first time in 5 years on the Instagram and Twitter accounts they have...

5. Morgan

Morgan

Anyone planning on going to the NY show ?

6. shawnesty23

Regular

Is it some rule you can’t play more when you headline then when you don’t?

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Must be in their contracts that they get 45 minute sets no matter what order they play in.

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

How in the hell did they change over in 5 minutes? I agree with you if its longer than 15 minutes for a band that isn't setting up a lot of production, but 5 minutes is an unreasonable expectation imo.

9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Venue turns into a nightclub at 10 o'clock on the weekends... it was just The Hotelier and TSL, no other opener. Everything was staged ready to change over and it was legit all hands on deck, including both bands, to get TH off and TSL on. Never seen anything like it, everyone around me was shocked at how quick it was.

koryoreo likes this.
  10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That's awesome! Wish more 2 or 3 band shows had quicker changeovers like that. Totally understand chanegeovers taking longer when you have 4 or 5 bands, but never understood why chanegeovers take so long when you only have a few bands playing and the headliner could be mostly set up already.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve gone to shows and literally thought to myself “I could be in bed right now if the changeover was way shorter”. It sucks when everything is set up on the stage too but the band doesn’t come out for 10, 15, or 20+ minutes.

koryoreo likes this.
  12. cameoutswingin

Regular

Yeah I always figured that 30 preceding a headliner was just a buffer in case the rest of the show got delayed. But these 30 in between (hopefully that's just cuz it was the first date and they will adjust out to 20) is gonna be tiring af

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The changeovers were definitely the toughest part since it was hot as balls, but they definitely took every bit of their 30 minutes between headliners. Only change over that was short was JF into Mom jeans since they shared amps and what not. The non headliners all share a backline drum kit (with a few adjustments for each) versus the headliners using all of their own equipment.

Scheduling 30 minutes for a changeover makes sense because if they brought it down to 20 and it took 22 or 25 to set up people would whine about running behind schedule.

14. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

30 mins is kinda ridiculous imo. I get impatient as hell when it takes more than 20.

At least my date is all-indoors, haha.

15. emlantzy

Regular

Are any of you guys going to the Atlanta shows? Still looking for the Just Friends setlist

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

30 min changeovers means I’m going to spend a lot of money on beer and I don’t like that lol

mattfreaksmeout, jlinitz and Kelsey like this.
  17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

30 min chanegeovers for a summer festival is prettty dumb. They could easily switch over faster even if the bands have different setups.

18. Joshua

Regular

Hopefully next year they increase the stages to two and do it similarly to how self help and warped did it with some of their stages. 2 stages interchangeably have bands play all day, and set it up in a way where nobody misses out on seeing anybody, and there's always somebody to see all day, that's the dream

bkaeser93 likes this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

What was the Main Stage order for the last couple dates?

Pepetito likes this.
  20. AMusial625

Regular

This would be so unexpected, but so awesome! I have always loved Jason’s voice.

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Have a ticket for MA with the after party if anyone's looking for one on the cheap.

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

TWY setlist (nothing really out of the ordinary)

Sister Cities
    Local Man Ruins Everything
    Dismantling Summer
    The Devil in My Bloodstream
    Raining in Kyoto
    There, There
    Pyamids of Salt
    Passing Through a Screen Door
    Cardinals
    Cigarettes & Saints
    I Don't Like Who I Was Then
    Came Out Swinging
    I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Localman likes this.
  23. shawnesty23

Regular

Probably have to cut 3 songs at least on the real shows

24. brad4846

Regular

Anyone have a pict of the wonder years merch?
    also anyone know if there is like a sad summer fest tshirt?

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dang yeah that’s about as basic as it gets but the closer is placed well