Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 27

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow. Bless that early ending time.

Brent likes this.
  2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

My guess is that Just Friends and Mom Jeans share gear so they’ll continue to be back to back

3. CaitIsGr8

Here's The Maine's merch for the festival! Anyone that posts TWY or State Champs merch is a blessing

4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Mom jeans and just friends do share gear (and a couple of members for this tour) so I’m guessing they’ll go back to back every night. Only took 10 minutes to switch the set over.

5. emlantzy

Regular

Here's Champs merch:

Imgur Image

6. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m excited to see setlist

7. emlantzy

Regular

Updating with setlists as I get them

Brent and Mister Lyrical like this.
  8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Honestly don’t see what separates state champs from other pop-punk bands of that era / sound. This could be I call fives or this time next year or neck deep and I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

They aren’t bad and sound tight and have the crowd going but I’m surprised they are the band from that scene that got bigger than the rest

smowashere likes this.
  9. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'd argue they're not quite as big as Neck Deep, and I never heard of the other two bands you mentioned.

However to answer what differentiates State Champs from the rest of the bands in this scene: I guess their more boy-band-ish if that makes sense. Derek has a really strong, poppy voice which makes their music a bit more vocal-focused than other bands. Additionally their production is very tight and their focus on traiditional pop-punk riffs & power chords (unlike the bigger chords and clean math-inspired diddlys of bands like Knuckle Puck) which makes them very accessible as far as this genre goes. Plus, the fact they toured with 5SOS before exposed them to the fanbase of one of the biggest bands in the world at one point.

10. meggers

Trusted

I’ve had a good time today minus it being so hot. This exceeded my expectations for sure. Granted I didn’t show up till FTSK went on.

Maybevictor likes this.
  11. TDenverFan

Regular

How big is the turnout?

12. shawnesty23

Regular

pretty short sets

Brent likes this.
  13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Was fine, about monster energy size stage crowd during the headliner. More than any of them could draw on their own but a lot of space to move around and not a ton of lines for food and merch

TDenverFan likes this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Didn’t know they toured with 5SOS, that makes a LOT more sense.

15. meggers

Trusted

I would say between 500-800 people. A lot of people left after State Champs. I know they’re rotating closing but it was definitely a mistake that Champs didn’t close imo.

16. TDenverFan

Regular

There's a video of Mayday parade on reddit, it looks like a lot more than 800 are here for them

17. meggers

Trusted

It didn’t feel more than that but maybe it was. It did definitely feel emptier once State Champs were done though.

18. bkaeser93

Trusted

Digging these sets but just wish Mayday wouldn’t use a song in their set for a damn cover and drop Piece Of Your Heart

Ben Buchnat and meggers like this.
  19. Joshua

Regular

Was annoyed about the cover but looks red tastes blue is all I need to be satisfied (plus no black cat)

bkaeser93 likes this.
  20. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This forum is notorious for assuming band i don’t like = band doesn’t draw. Every. Single. Time.

21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah... think I’ll just sell my ticket now and wait for them to come back another time. Was initially excited as I thought a whole day fest of a few solid bands would result in 60-90 min sets but whoops guess I was wrong.

22. cameoutswingin

Regular

Anyone going today or the next few days, would love to see set times again!

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They were upfront about how long headliner sets would be. 90 minutes x 4 bands is unrealistic.

24. shawnesty23

Regular

60 isn’t especially for who at least is closing tho

Brent likes this.
  25. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Why is that unrealistic with the show going from 1-10ish?