Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 25

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. meggers

Trusted

Did you see they’re bringing in a pool for VIP ticket holders? There’s also gonna be a water slide, mini skatepark, and art installations.

I just want to know where’s everyone going to park since they share a lot with Studio Movie Grill.

Brent and Maybevictor like this.
  2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Wild giveaways. Haven’t looked for MA deals lately.

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This is my favorite part of the thread. Keep it up please!

Brent likes this.
  4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Is this a Dallas thing or a tour thing? If it is a local thing I wonder why they would keep sinking money into something that’s not selling. It’s not like these upgrades make a difference for this crowd, most of whom happily paid just for the opportunity to watch bands in a parking lot.

Also noticed that every show promoter in Dallas / Texas seem to be invested in this - I have gotten emails from Dallas and San Antonio promoters who aren’t officially involved

5. meggers

Trusted

I think it might just be a Dallas thing. I listened to the 8123 podcast and Garrett and Pat mentioned there’d be cool things to do like photo ops but no mention of pools, skate parks, etc. Honestly I think Gas Monkey is banking on it being a holiday weekend to get a crowd out but I just don’t see it with all these deals they’re running. I’m still just annoyed it’s not indoors knowing how hot it’ll be that week.

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah honestly I don’t even mind not getting the deals. The indoor thing kills me though.

7. meggers

Trusted

I just hate it wasn’t noted on any of the promo that it’s outside till recently. I just looked at the weather for that day and it currently shows a 50% chance of rain. I know the weather is fickle here but I hope it rains so it’s forced to move indoors.

Maybevictor likes this.
  8. Localman

Regular

Not an Emo nite la/sad summer nites event, but there is an Emo nite at the ottobar the night of the Baltimore date.

br10pb likes this.
  9. J12

Trusted Supporter

Regarding the TWY voting:

If Me vs. the Highway gets chosen, I'd be a little surprised if they play it at most shows. Dan loves the song but he said the chorus is incredibly hard for him to sing live. I chose it as one of my VIP soundcheck songs on the fall tour and it got chosen. Dan called me out and said it was my fault if he blew his voice before the show, haha.

karcrashianpanache likes this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If that's the case, I honestly wouldn't be opposed if they just took it a half step down.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

If anyone is going to the July 17 date in NJ and wants to help a girl out, let me know. I need the vinyl variant Grayscale has on tour with them right now lol.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Wonder Years
    7 mins ·
    Sad Summer Fest is approaching quickly & we let our supporters group, the Sun-Drenched Pavement Society, collectively choose a song for our set. So, thanks to them, everyday we’ll be playing...

( Imagine a drumroll here...)

"I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral"

Get tickets now at: sadsummerfest.com

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Nice, I’m down with that.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Def one of my favorite TWY songs but it's not really that rare of a get. Also could play two songs in the same time frame so not the best choice imo

15. TDenverFan

Regular

Yeah, wonder if they'll shorten it some for a festival setting.

16. Kelsey

Regular

Ugh. Love it in a headliner set like they did all of last fall but not a good choice in this setting

thisisnotbrianm and JaytotheGee like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I agree it’s not the best choice for a festival. It’s such a weighty song that relies on like something coming before it and idk like a festival set is such a more casual type of performance. It’s kind of an odd choice but I’m not upset about it either.

18. SPine

Trusted

I'm not going anymore.. If anyone needs to buy a ticket to Columbus let me know.

19. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

Idk if there's any other Vegas area people in here still salty that Sad Summer isn't coming anywhere close, but Stand Atlantic is doing an off date here and I'm so fucking stoked.

20. J12

Trusted Supporter

I know this is moot because it didn't get chosen, but, for what it's worth, it sounded great when they played it. Dan hit the notes just fine. I can see where it would be strenuous though. He was like "OK WHO CHOSE THIS?!" and then told the story about how much he actually loves the song and how they wanted it on Suburbia but they hadn't gotten the melody right in time.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

That’s an odd choice. My guess is that it will be the closing song. I love it on the album but out of context it is not something I turn on. Could have done 3 more songs instead of this one. I find it hard to believe this was most requested over Upsides songs.

andysoto523 likes this.
  22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Based on their VIP sessions it is a pretty popular request, both times I’ve done VIP it was requested. That and hoodie weather

23. meggers

Trusted

For The Maine: Pat, Garrett, Kennedy, and Jared will walk the line before doors to meet people and John will be at their tent to meet people at this preshow meet and greet.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think several of the bands are doing that. Smart way to make sure there is a decent turnout early in the day.

25. meggers

Trusted

Pat from The Maine posted a video saying this’ll be the only way to meet the bands. They can’t hang around after due to taking everything down and won’t do it during other band’s sets due to the distraction and being respectful of the other bands. Granted you might catch someone walking around but no official meet and greets during the day.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.